french students looking for a cross-cultural experience

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

acreims

french students looking for a cross-cultural experience

Unread post by acreims »

Hello, I am French teacher and I teach a business course in English for 8th and 9th grade students (age : 16-18), and we would love to create a cross-cultural experience that would begin in October and extend as long as you are comfortable (even through the end of the school year). We are open to collaborating with students from another country. Our classroom is located in Sedan (France) and our school is comprised of a fairly diverse population.
We are Skype capable, have constant access to computers and the internet, and would be willing to email or set up blogs as another form of communication.
I do not have a specific project in mind, but instead intend on being flexible to your needs as the curriculum for my course is very flexible. Ideally, we would be able to create projects reflecting our respective cultures and share them online for comment. I love the idea of digital storytelling, and would happily engage in this type of project as I know of several great forums for digital storytelling that I've been dying to try out. Additionally, I would enjoy more frequent correspondence in the form of emails or blog posts as well. However, as I said, we are very open to suggestions!
Let me know if you are available or interested either by replying to my post or emailing me at jsalmoun@gmail.com
We hope to hear from you!
Mhslomas

Re: french students looking for a cross-cultural experience

Unread post by Mhslomas »

Hello! I am a high school World History teacher in New Jersey,USA. I am interested in connecting my 2 classes of ninth grade students with English speaking students from other countries via technology. This is the first time I am attempting such a project. I would be interested our students sharing information about their cultures via video, podcast, skype, blog or any other media you'd like to try. I look forward to your response!

Melanie Lomas
Mlomas@mtps.com
Susan

Unread post by Susan »

Nice quote
sumel

Unread post by sumel »

Hello,
My name is Elena. I am from Russia. I am a teacher of English. My students are 12 years old. Their level of English is elementary. We would like to make a project and share our information, photos, pictures with English- speaking students. We are interested in the history, traditions, places of interest etc. of our region. I am looking for colleagues whose students have the same interests and want to tell us about the place where they live. I`ll be glad if someone feels enthusiastic about this idea.. This is the first time I am making an attempt to make a project.
My e-mail: e13036@yandex.ru
Hope for your response