CELTA vs. DELTA for ESL instructor inactive past 6 years

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

parksung

CELTA vs. DELTA for ESL instructor inactive past 6 years

Unread post by parksung »

I've been out of teaching ESL for 6 years and am looking to return to doing it abroad again. I don't have any formal training and would like to do this, bearing in mind that in the future I *maybe* will want to pursue a Masters Degree in the field.

For the past 6 years I've been designing curriculum and training new immigrants in the area of career management, integrating some level of workplace communication but not in a formal ESL manner. So basically I've been "teaching" and designing curriculum but not ESL specific.

Would DELTA be over my head being that I don't already have CELTA, TESOL, etc. and I've been out of ESL for 6 years (but I haven't been out of teaching at least)?

Is DELTA as highly recognized as it markets itself to be to re-enter the ESL teaching world again or is this large jump beyond CELTA unnecessary (if I end up not pursuing a Masters)?

My goal is to teach and eventually move into organizational management, teaching a bit less.
Susan

Re: CELTA vs. DELTA for ESL instructor inactive past 6 years

Unread post by Susan »

Yes, DELTA is highly recognised. It's a good step to take towards a masters.

As to whether you should do a Celta or Delta: how many years of EFL teaching have you done?

Susan
parksung

Unread post by parksung »

I taught for 3.5 years on South Korea, and have worked with ESL clients but in a non-ESL teaching capacity. I've taught them career management for the most recent 6 years.
saba

Unread post by saba »

Hi
I've been out of teaching ESL for 6 years and am looking to return to doing it abroad again. I don't have any formal training and would like to do this, bearing in mind that in the future I *maybe* will want to pursue a Masters Degree in the field.
But now feel scared of teaching.How i can coverup this gap????
Get our latest exam practice of pass4sure.co.uk with 100% success guaranteed.