Hi

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

efagcollege

Hi

Unread post by efagcollege »

Hi,

I am joining the forum today.i would like to share the some ideas.
Susan

Re: Hi

Unread post by Susan »

Welcome to the forums. What would you like to discuss?
Susan
englishclubjohn

Unread post by englishclubjohn »

Can I join the forum too...
Susan

Unread post by Susan »

Welcome John
CarrieR

Unread post by CarrieR »

Hello everyone. I just joined today. I have a question I hope someone can answer. I'm intersted in teaching adult ESL, but I'm not sure I can get hired with my qualifications. I have a bachelor's degree in secondary education with specializtions in mathematics and French. I also have an ESL endorsement and have taught French and sheltered math for ESL students for many years. The thing is, I don't have an English degree, and have never taught English per se. Do you think someone would hire me to teach adult ESL?
johnsimpson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by johnsimpson »

There's some confusion with your question. First and foremost what's your nationality,are you an English native teacher, and where did you get your degree? An education degree from UK or USA is a big plus, but not so useful from France if you're planning to teach English as a second language (ESL). You say you have an esl endorsement, do you mean an English as a second language qualification? That's another plus. You say that have taught French and maths to esl students, and that makes no sense at all, as ESL students study English as a second language.But GCSE and IGCSE maths is in demand from ESL students, but maths as studied by UK students. If you are a French native, you might be better off teaching French.