Help me please!

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

sidan
Busy Member
Busy Member

Help me please!

Unread post by sidan »

I'm going to proceed my Thesis. It will be dealing with using CAI for practising vocabulary.
But the problem is... there are not many reseaches or theses according to the title written in my language. :(
I would like to know the sources or any useful websites which I can search or be able to have its information as the background of my thesis.
Moreover, the information should be downloded with full text and free(if possible).
Are there any of them?
Anyone who knows or uses to have any experience about this, I would like to ask for help.
Any kind advice from you will be appreciated.

Sincerly yours,
Sidan
zafarullah76

Re: Help me please!

Unread post by zafarullah76 »

slam.i zafar ullah.now i started thesis of CALL in teaching english writing.u can share ur work,ideas with me.i share with u.zafarullah76@yahoo.com wait ur reply.
Shelley
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: Help me please!

Unread post by Shelley »

Hello there,

While I do not have a Phd in some aspect of academic research into teaching my own personal experience in the classroom, backed up since by literally thousands of teachers who use my classroom games is that vocabulary is best learned and revised through language games.

Why is this? Well there are many reasons and here are some of them:
1. you can get a lot of words done in a short space of time
2. it's fun so students pay more attention
3. there may be points to win which can motivate some students to try harder
4. the excitement or fun of a game can make even shy students join in
5. some games include movement so that makes them a total physical response activity - therefore vocab is FAR more likely to be remembered later
6. many games tap into different learning styles so again, students are more likely to remember words later
7. you can use the words in context and not in isolation in a game
8. a game gives a meaningful framework to use words

If you look up things such as Total physical response and learning styles on the web you may find some research to back up my claims! Happy surfing...

In the meantime too, I also have a good selection of articles covering these issues and you are welcome to quote from them, provided you quote the source of course!

All the best
Kind regards
Shelley
http://www.teachingenglishgames.com

PS I highly recommend that you get into a classroom and try teaching some vocab with and without games and film the process - that should give good practical back-up and proof for the people who mark your dissertation.