Students in Wheelright, Argentina, looking for Partners in the World
Hello, colleagues across the world!
There’s a group of 15/17-year-old Argentinian students of English willing to run an international project during next October-November.
All students are expected to have at least a B1 command of the English language
Details of the project:
Phase 1: Asynchronous
• There will be a blog opened in blogger.com to host all activities
• Teachers involved will get in contact to decide on topics of interest to motivate learners to participate. Possible ideas: school life, family life and customs, every-day routine, week-end entertainment conditions locally and preferences, hopes and dreams, changes they would like to see in their places and reasons, how technology affects their lives, juvenile crimes.
• There will be a Google Doc for teachers to discuss ideas
• Once the topics have been chosen, teachers will decide on different tools to integrate into the blog
• First activity: general introductions: all stds will introduce themselves and pose any queries regarding their expectations: text, photos, maps will be exchanged in the blog
• Possible tools to select from: Voicethread, Thinglink, Pinterest, Padlet, Infographics, Google Drawing, Animation Tools, Video Tools
• This phase will be around one-month long
Phase 2: Synchronous
• During November there will be a synchronous encounter via Skype or Google Hangouts, to allow all students to get the chance to see each other and interact through speaking
• Teachers involved in the project will decide on the topics to focus on, according to the success and to the interest discussions in the blog have aroused.
• familiarize learners with technology
• allow them to practise English in authentic, meaningful situations
• contact English speaking people from other countries
• raise awareness of the importance of going global
• help students hone the four skills
• expand learners' cultural understanding and horizons
Those interested in joining this project, please contact me at email@example.com