Where to start with this website?

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

tails

Where to start with this website?

Unread postby tails » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am

I was advised to use this website by a nice chap on the British Council website.

I am a prospective teacher having applied to work in Korea and I'm currently starting a TEFL course. Ideally I will teach elementary students, what would you recommend I read first. I have created one lesson plan and would like to create more, any information in regards to that would be great.

Thanks for reading.

Susan

Re: Where to start with this website?

Unread postby Susan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

YOu've started in a good place with the forum.

You can ask any questions here; you can also look at questions other people have asked and see the answers.

YOu can look at tips for new teachers here:

http://www.englishclub.com/teaching-tips/index.htm

And read articles here:

http://edition.englishclub.com/category/tefl-articles/

All the best!
Susan

tails

Unread postby tails » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Susan, I shall have a read. The net seems awash with different resources it is difficult to know which ones to use.

As you are based in the Uk do you know where I could either go watch or perhaps watch a video of someone teaching elementary students. i have enrolled on a TEFL course which has some classroom practise but it is not a CELTA. I really want to understand how to operate in a classroom.

jimmason

Unread postby jimmason » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 am

tails wrote:Thanks Susan, I shall have a read. The net seems awash with different resources it is difficult to know which ones to use.

As you are based in the Uk do you know where I could either go watch or perhaps watch a video of someone teaching elementary students. i have enrolled on a TEFL course which has some classroom practise but it is not a CELTA. I really want to understand how to operate in a classroom.

I'm also wondering where you can watch a video of someone teaching. Let me know if you found anything.

Thanks,

-Jim

Return to “ESL Teacher Discussion”