since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

very important

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

prince

very important

Unread postby prince » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi,I am a new member.I have two Q? How to improve ur speaking skill ? Second,Is there any one who d'like to chat with me online about some class problems & other teaching issues?[/list][/quote]

mogli

Re: very important

Unread postby mogli » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:36 pm

prince wrote:Hi,I am a new member.I have two Q? How to improve ur speaking skill ? Second,Is there any one who d'like to chat with me online about some class problems & other teaching issues?[/list]
[/quote]
Hey Prince, I am a new member as well, if you want I am waiting for you, I want to talk about teaching english and improving english. :oops:

Heads Up Eng
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread postby Heads Up Eng » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I think you've already answered your question: talk, talk, talk, and then talk some more.

The only way to improve your productive skills, such as speaking or writing, is through a lot of practice. Most everyone has the English they've learned locked away in their head; their receptive ability (listening) is higher than their productive ability (speaking). But the more you use English to communicate, the more familiar words, phrases, and grammar points become. You lay down patterns, begin to experiment, and before you know it... you speak fluently!

So how do you communicate? The forums here are but one way, as are chat rooms. Join an English club in your area, or go to places where people are likely to speak English.

Good luck!

Chris Cotter
Heads Up English - Materials based on current events. Just print, and teach!
http://www.headsupenglish.com

Return to “ESL Teacher Discussion”