Your birthday is the anniversary of your birth. It is the same day every year:
- My birthday is 7th July.
On your birthday, your friends and family may send you birthday cards and birthday presents (gifts). You may celebrate your birthday with a birthday party, with a birthday cake, and with decorations like candles and balloons. Your friends may sing you a Happy Birthday song like this one:
Questions about Birthdays
- When's your birthday?
- What do you want to do for your birthday?
- What do you want for/on your birthday? (gifts)
- What did you get for/on your birthday? (gifts)
- How was your birthday?
- What did you do for/on your birthday?
- How old are you now?
- What age are you turning?
Here are things that people write on birthday cards and presents, or in letters and emails, or just say in conversation:
- Happy Birthday!
- Best Wishes for a very Happy Birthday
- We wish you a happy birthday.
- Wishing you a happy birthday.
- Have a great birthday!
- Enjoy your special day!
- Enjoy every moment.
- May all of your birthday wishes come true.
- Thinking of you on your special day.
Birthday Party Words
- birthday boy / birthday girl
- birthday cake
- birthday card
- birthday gift / birthday present
- birthday invitation
- birthday party
- candles (on cake)
- icing/frosting (on cake)
- wrapping paper / gift wrap (for birthday gifts)
- When were you born? What's your birthdate?
- What year were you born in?
- My date of birth is 7th July 1997.
- Write your full name, address and birthdate on the application form.