I'm so sorry.
This page lists useful expressions for the language function of apologizing.
- I apologize
- I'm really sorry
- I'm so sorry
- I'm sorry
- I'm sorry but...
- ...is/was my fault
- (I'm) sorry if...
- I (really) must apologize
- I hope you can forgive me (one day)
- I really am so sorry
- I wasn't doing my job
- I'd like to apologize
- Please forgive me
- ...was very...of me
- (I know) my actions...
- (Looking back), I (now) realise that...
- (Please) don't be angry
- I accept (full) responsibility
- I am/feel (so) ashamed
- I can understand how you feel (about...)
- I do apologize
- I don't know what to say
- I really am most terribly sorry
- I regret...
- I take (all) the blame
- Pardon me!
- Please accept my/our apologies
- Please excuse my behaviour/thoughtlessness/...
The word apologize can also be spelt apologise.
- (I now realise that/I know) I shouldn't have done that
- (I'm sure) you must be (very) disappointed in me
- (Please) don't be mad (at me)/don't kill me
- I accept that I am to blame/that it's my fault
- I am (such) an idiot
- I am sorry to have disappointed you
- I apologize wholeheartedly/unreservedly
- I cannot say/express how sorry I am
- I have reflected on my actions and...
- I know it was wrong (of me) (to...)
- If I could turn back the clock,...
- It was (a bit) insensitive of me (to...)
- Please accept my sincere/sincerest apologies
- There is (really/absolutely) no excuse for my actions/behaviour/inaction/laziness
- You are right to blame me
- You must forgive me
- (I know) I have let myself/you (all) down (by...)
- (I know) it was thoughtless (of me)
- I can see how you might be annoyed (by...)
- I can't believe I...
- I don't know what came over me
- I don't know what got into me
- I just want the ground to swallow me up
- I take (full) responsibility
- I think I went a bit too far
- I am/was in the wrong
- I messed up
- I would like to express my regret
- I'm happy to take (my share of) the blame
- If I could take it all back, I would
- It was inexcusable
- It's unforgivable, I know
- Please don't hold a grudge
- Don't hold this against me
- Silly me!