Some Prepositions of Place
This diagram shows some of the more common prepositions of place and indicates their meaning. There follows a sample sentence for each preposition shown.
- There is a cup on the table.
- The helicopter hovered above the house.
- The police placed a sheet over the body.
- He stood in front of the door and rang the bell.
- Ram sat beside Tara in the cinema.
- A small stream runs below that bridge.
- He put the key under the doormat.
- He put his hands behind his back.
Prepositions of Place Quiz →