Prepositions beginning with F
- We had coffee following lunch.
- He couldn't work following his illness.
for (also conjunction)
- This is for you.
- Do you want to go for a walk?
- You use a corkscrew for opening bottles.
- Cigarettes are bad for you.
- I'm saving for a new car.
- Is this the road for Rome?
- They passed me over for John.
- Is this the train for Cambridge?
- I bought it for $10.
- We worked for three hours.
- Keep walking for two kilometres.
- Where do you come from?
- This letter is from my wife.
- I bought this car from Henry.
- They prevented me from entering.
- My car is different from yours.
- We worked from Monday to Wednesday.
- Paper is made from wood.
- It can cost anything from $5 to $15.
- The police took my driving licence from me.
- He died from overwork.
- He was sitting forward of me in the plane. I could just see the back of his head.
- Further to your letter, I have spoken to Mr Brown.