Prepositions beginning with U
- The mouse ran under the chair.
- The bucket is under the sink.
- Submarines can travel under water.
- We drove under a bridge.
- I have a T-shirt under my pullover.
- Who do you work under? Who is your boss?
- I am under orders from the President.
- What is the subject under discussion?
- Under the company rules, we can't do that.
- Please buy it if it's under $50.
- The nurse put a pillow underneath his head.
- There is a big cellar underneath our house.
- That's very unusual. It's unlike Andrea to be so rude.
- This problem is unlike any we have met before.
until (formal; also conjunction)
- They continued the meeting until 11pm.
- Please wait until I come.
- Jack and Jill ran up the hill.
- There is a post office up the street.
- Please don't put your shoes upon the table.
- There are now no dinosaurs upon Earth.
- I need a book upon bio-chemistry.
- We met upon a Monday.
- He broke his leg upon getting out of the car.
- We are up against a powerful enemy.
- There was a shop here up to 1990. But it closed that year.
- We worked up until they came. Then we stopped.