What does this generator do?
Makes a 3-column sorting worksheet with all the words mixed up in a box at the bottom. Students sort the words into the appropriate column.
How can I use sorting worksheets?
Sorting worksheets are great for testing things that belong in groups or categories, such as:
- categories (eg vehicles, furniture, buildings)
- continents, countries and cities
- v1, v2, v3
- parts of speech (eg nouns, verbs, adjectives)
- parts of irregular verbs (V1, V2, V3)
- word stress (eg stress on 1st, 2nd, 3rd syllable)
Can I see an example?
Yes. Just click the MAKE WORKSHEET button (without changing the prefilled fields yet).
- We have prefilled the fields as an example for you, but you can remove those entries instantly by clicking the Clear Form button. Use the Reset Form button to return to the original.
- When entering new items, you can use your tab key to move from field to field.