Full Stop / Period
1. Use a full stop at the end of a sentence:
- The man arrived. He sat down.
2. Use full stops with abbreviations (in an abbreviation the last letter of the word and of the abbreviation are not the same):
- Co. (Company)
- etc. (et cetera)
- M.P. (Member of Parliament)
3. Do not use full stops with contractions (in a contraction the last letter of the word and of the contraction are the same):
- Ltd (Limited)
- Dr (Doctor)
- St (Saint)
"I don't believe it was an accident. It was murder! Period!"