Is wildlife in your country threatened - how do you feel?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Is wildlife in your country threatened - how do you feel?

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello:)
I would like to ask you one quesion - how do think - is wildlife in your country threatened? Read the raport beneth and give your opinions. Thank you:)

http://www.iucn.org/en/news/archive/200 ... ist_en.htm
talmit

Costa Rica

Post by talmit »

Hello Lady, I from Costa Rica, in my country exist more natural protect zones, one example is "Osa" in this moment "Osa" is threat. in this case I feel bad because I can`t much...
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

We have too vast territory to prevent poaching in due time. On the other hand we have plenty of what talmit named as natural protect zones.
Well I have no exact information but I suppose that fish poachng is the most massive.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello :)

Hi Talmit! I know very, very little indeed about Costa Rica :( Well... try to do what you can to protect precious endagered area. Specially when you live nearby it. Write about it. Take some photos the best. Encourage people to think about this place as about something really valuable. Persuade them about it.

Hi Tora!Poaching is a very big problem in many places. I am not quallified in this subject. You should go and appeal to proper institutions (caring about forestery and fishers). Take some shots. Try to write, too.
Make people interested in the problem.
Start proper local association. Tell people about the problem. Make leaflets.
Of course TAKE CARE and always think twice before you start acting! :roll:

That's all today dear Friends of the Planet Earth :)
LM