lets discuss ghosts around the world!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

lets discuss ghosts around the world!

Post by LadyMacbeth »

This is a story that I read on Polish Internet. What do you think about it? It is authentic.
At the end I put 2 questions – read them please.

A WOMAN IN BLOOD

My neighbour was driving during one winter night throughout a forest. It was a peaceful night, empty around – the road was avoided. Suddenly a woman in blood went into the road and started to wave at him. A shocked man accelerated and passed her thinking someone surely must have made a trap to rob him ( a woman in blood on the road and 5 guys in a forest who will attack him at the moment he will open the door). The man was driving very fast for about 15 minutes. Then the same woman appeared. Out of fear the lonely driver stopped. The woman with her face in blood came to him ordering him to come back to the place he saw her first time and save her kid. My neighbour came back there. He saw there a car , all upside down, in a ditch. The car was quite invisible from the road. On a back seat in a special kid-chair little baby sat – frozen and hurt. Behind a wheel a dead woman could be found – the same the man saw on the road. My neighbour turned gray totally during one night and till today he has….well… a bit crazy personality because of this event. THE END.

QUESTION 1
IN YOUR OPINION- was the driver right helping the woman in blood? Would you help the woman in blood when you are on the place of a lonely driver?

QUESTION 2

Do you know similar stories from your countries? Write them here too. I know many stories like that from Poland. Maybe I will write some of them here soon.

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: lets discuss ghosts around the world!

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Why oh why don't you want to discus Polish ghosts? Aren't you brave enough or what?
Here is another story to ACTIVATE you. Maybe it will work better cause... :roll:

WILL YOU STOP?

My uncle was married when young. He was 30 when his wife died. They had no kids. He became a lonely widower. First he started to drink a little, then he totally stopped to care about a house and his appearance. He wasted a lot of money, he sold out all expensive things, he was fired. One day he was so poor he didn’t have cash for the cheapest alcohol even.
This day in the late evening he was lying in his bed thinking hardly how to get some money at least.

SUDDENLY the light went out. My uncle wanted to check the problem but he heard somebody’s steps downstairs. He became frightened and started to listen to the steps that were going upstairs. My uncle put a quilt on his head and stopped to breathe.
Someone opened the door and “steps” came into the room, into his bed. “They” stood next to him. This moment my uncle felt a hand on his body and heard voice of his dead wife “WILL YOU STOP?!?”

The same moment he jumped out of his bed screaming like someone insane but he saw noone except of opened door in his room. The door had been closed before “the steps” came into.

My uncle has been repeating this story for over 20 years!
The same day he stopped drinking , found a job and…well HE STOPPED indeed! :)

QUESTION 1

What to do in situation when you think a robber can be in your house? How to behave?

QUESTION 2

Who and when should go to a psychiatrist? Should the uncle of an author of the story above visit mental doctor? When? Why? Why not?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LadyMacbeth wrote:My uncle was married when young. He was 30 when his wife died. They had no kids. He became a lonely widower. First he started to drink a little, then he totally stopped to care about a house and his appearance. He wasted a lot of money, he sold out all expensive things, he was fired. One day he was so poor he didn’t have cash for the cheapest alcohol even.
This day in the late evening he was lying in his bed thinking hardly how to get some money at least.

SUDDENLY the light went out. My uncle wanted to check the problem but he heard somebody’s steps downstairs. He became frightened and started to listen to the steps that were going upstairs. My uncle put a quilt on his head and stopped to breathe.
Someone opened the door and “steps” came into the room, into his bed. “They” stood next to him. This moment my uncle felt a hand on his body and heard voice of his dead wife “WILL YOU STOP?!?”

The same moment he jumped out of his bed screaming like someone insane but he saw noone except of opened door in his room. The door had been closed before “the steps” came into.

My uncle has been repeating this story for over 20 years!
The same day he stopped drinking , found a job and…well HE STOPPED indeed! :)
My uncle who lives in Russia drinks a lot. He sees hallucinations when drunk...Last time he opened a window in the deep night and started to cry out loud his neighbour's name whose house is next to, and who is passed away some years ago. :-) ...In Russia, this is called "belaya goryachka" (seeing hallucinations due to enormous amount of alcohol %)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

And what do you think about this story, hm? Was it an illusion or what was it?

SECOND GHOST

I saw a ghost second time in my life. He was quite nice, in a hat. I was sitting with my father at a cementary, we were talking, there was nobody there. Suddenly a man came to us, he sat next to us. We were friends at once. My dad asked him if he smoked. No – he answered – but I smoked in my previous life. Next he went away. When he disappeared behind a tree I and my father realized he forgot flowers. We ran to give them to him but – surprisingly – there was noone there. Did he melt into the air or what? Looking everywhere for a vanished man with my sight accidently I looked at one tomb nearby me and I felt a real fear.
- Look! – I told to my father – that was he, wasn’t he?

There was a man we have just met … on a tomb-picture!

QUESTION1

Could really the man from a story be a ghost in flesh?

QUESTION2

Is it good to go into the cementary to talk and smoke there?

LM
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Sadly, I've never believed in any ghosts.
We're all friends, right?
Masha

Post by Masha »

Stories posted here seem really unbelievable, but they are thrilling too. I can't say that I do not believe in ghosts, but it's hard not to notice that different "ghost" stories happen to people when they are tired, depressed, wasted, in other words, when their nervous system cannot work properly. You never know what a person can see or hear during a nervous breakdown... I hope I made myself understood.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not trying to deny the fact that something paranormal does really exist. For example, there are more than a hundred officially registered ghosts in the city of York (Am I not right?); or some years ago cameras in the Tower of london took a picture of something looking like a ghostly apparition, which was lurking there.

well, whether ghosts exist or not is a disputable question. So, let's discuss it here!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Can dead people comeback to this real world?
Masha

Post by Masha »

Bambang wrote:Can dead people comeback to this real world?
What for?
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Masha wrote:
Bambang wrote:Can dead people comeback to this real world?
What for?
There's no ghost as dead people can't comeback to this world.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Bambang wrote:There's no ghost as dead people can't comeback to this world.
I see your point. But what do you think about the people who claim to have seen ghosts? Are they all mentally unhealthy, then?
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Masha wrote:
Bambang wrote:There's no ghost as dead people can't comeback to this world.
I see your point. But what do you think about the people who claim to have seen ghosts? Are they all mentally unhealthy, then?
They are being stressed or hallucinating.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I do not believe in ghosts, but it's hard not to notice that different "ghost" stories happen to people when they are tired, depressed, wasted, in other words, when their nervous system cannot work properly. You never know what a person can see or hear during a nervous breakdown... I hope I made myself understood.
Hi people here :)

Suprisingly my thread about ghosts around the world (inspired by Michael Jackson ghost in his splendid mansion) made some... career, indeed. What a surprise, really.
Anyway ghosts seemed to me to be rather HOT topic at the beginning of September 2009 when I put these stories here. Why? Many reasons. Beginning of WWII - one of them.

However, yes, Masha you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Ghosts appear mostly when you live very badly. When you misbehave. It is very obvious to learn these facts from ghost stories I wrote here.

Well... what I do try to do writing these stories here is to practise my English - no doubt but also I try to find an interesting subject to ...write about it. In English.
That's all. Cause I am from Poland so in my opinion I can write about:
1.ghosts
2. crimes
3. love

I chose ghosts cause it was very easy to me to find many REAL STORIES about ghosts on Polish net. It was even a kind of surprise to me how much people in Poland believe in ghosts and... well ...care about ghost stories. Cause you know people everywhere in the world can see ghosts (as I think) but I don't think they care about ghost stories so much. And well.. do they publish them on the Net almost everyday? You believe or not - many people experienced ghost stories (including me) so ... well... we should realise ghosts CAN BE REAL. That's all.

Sorry for my errors.

LM

PS. Do you want more Polish real ghost stories? Soon :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Ok. Here is my next ghost story to read something in English. It is a REAL story about death, ghost and a crying mother who misses her nice boy very much... all ghost stories presented here by me take place in Poland. Lutek's story too...
PS. To be quite frank I have 15 questions to the story beneath but I put here only 2 cause I think it is quite enough. What do you think about this story, hm? It is all real story of course.

=================================================================
LUTEK’S GHOST

My great grandmother had 7 kids. She loved them all the same way. One of her sons was Lutek. A tragedy happened one spring in 1960sties. Lutek went home from his job. He was walking along the roadside when suddenly a car hit him. He didn’t see it.
He died at once. When my great grandmother got to know about Lutek’s death she lost her consciousness. She couldn’t accept it at all.

Two US citizens were driving in the car that killed Lutek. My great grandmother was more and more depressed cause though criminal proves showed the drivers in the car were guilty of the road-accident , they didn’t care about it at all. They didn’t show any sign of regret, no need to say “ I am sorry”. On the contrary, they were very relaxed.

Finally they never apologized and the sentence was “THE DRIVERS WERE NOT GUILTY”.
(answer: why?)

Anyway, what you can easily guess, after these events my great grandmother’s state was only deteriorated. She completely broke down after this pitiful court case sentence. She was sitting and crying. She was crying all days and nights. She couldn’t stop crying and her eyes were prematurely quite old and wrinkled by too many tears. She lost her all joy of life.

Suddenly happened something what stopped her hopeless existence.

One night someone knocked into her house. She got up and went to open the door. Whom she saw? Guess! YES – she saw Lutek – her dead son was standing at the door. He was quite wet and he was carrying two buckets full of water. My great grandmother could see he was very tired. Lutek explained to her that he was so tired cause he had to carry these buckets full of water – that is her tears. Lutek’s buckets were full of never ending tears that were flowing down my great grandmother’s cheeks! He also told to his mother he had to carry these buckets when others had a good time and they didn’t have any worries.

At the same moment, after saying these things, Lutek went away. …somewhere…towards the fields… finally he disappeared.

As you can presume my great grandmother could hardly believe what she saw moments ago. She stopped crying the very next day. She never saw Lutek’s ghost again.

QUESTION 1

Would you like to die in a car accident?

QUESTION 2

Would you rather like to die after longer illness?

Read me soon again,
LM
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I don't fear death.
Masha

Post by Masha »

LadyMacbeth wrote:PS. Do you want more Polish real ghost stories? Soon :)
Yes, please)
LadyMacbeth wrote:QUESTION 1

Would you like to die in a car accident?

QUESTION 2

Would you rather like to die after longer illness?

Neither)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello everyone :)

Masha - you are really brave. Do you REALLY want more Polish ghost stories? Here we go with the next one :). It is all true like all previous ones :( So take care before you start laughing :(

Well... I have many more really ...HOT ghost stories but many religious elements inside. Some stories are good and no religion there but many have religious elements so I have to avoid them here. Ok. So try to finish the story beneath and then I will send you something really ~ :(

PS. Of course I can also write about Polish history or I can write funny stories about how hard people in Poland work (for example). Such little things but ghosts are my number one these days. Don't know why. Gloomy mood or what? Michael Jackson alive forever, hm? ;(
Of course my intentions are far from commercial ones. It would be crazy to think like that. Many reasons. I simply practise English - that's all. Besides I think a lot of ghost stories are really scary and people should ... be attentive in life to avoid results of meeting devil of whom. Finish the story beneath, please. Not every ghost story has such a happy end like meeting Lutek's ghost by his mother. :roll: TAKE CARE /BE ATTENTIVE- that's all what I can advise...

VISIT OF A DEVIL?

It happened 5 years ago in a little Polish seaside village nearby Gdańsk. My friend Anne with her boyfriend Michael persuaded me to come with them to Sr. Andrew dancing party in a local fire station. I took another friend of mine and we went there together. Everything was Ok till around 10 pm when one guy came to Anne’s table. Her boyfriend was sitting next to her. To be quite frank hard to say who came to her. Anyway, the man was all in black clothes. It is hard to describe that guy and I will never forget his face. He was thin, 2 metres tall. He started to tease Anne. She told to him “go away”. He didn’t listen to her words. Anne’s boyfriend was sitting at the same table. He didn’t react. Finally 2 metres tall stranger caught Anne, pulled her away from the table where her boyfriend was also sitting and the two were going towards the entrance. The stranger forced Anne to go out with him, he was using strength! Finally her boyfriend Michael reacted and tried to stop both his girlfriend and the 2 metres tall stranger. Making a mess the three went away from the fire station. After some minutes I and my friend decided to help the two. We also ran away from the fire station and tried to catch them. We saw the three people about 200 metres in front of us.
At the same moment we realized something was wrong, worse than anyone could expect, cause Michael – Anne’s boyfriend instead of fighting with the stranger or attacking him was standing without any movement as if he was paralised. He wasnot able to move at all as if something or someone paralised him.
We were quite close to the three when me and my friend looked at each other. Then we looked at the tall stranger. I don’t who was he but he had hooves instead of shoes and his eyes were quite black. His eyes were quite black and any other colour inside them. When we reached Michael and Anne the stranger simply …disappeared.
I couldn’t believe it. I don’t believe in any paranormal phenomenas but this stranger really disappeared.

However it was only the beginning of the story. What happened later is also beyond any comprehension. ......................???what happened next???......................................
========================================================

PS2. Comment this ghost story please. How to avoid such a situation? Your opinion.

All the best for everyone and sorry for my errors,
LM
cindyislucky

Post by cindyislucky »

I don't believe in ghost at all. All stories made by imaginative people :(
Masha

Post by Masha »

Spooky... :shock: I am at a loss what to say. But before commenting on this strange story I'd like to clear up one thing:
To LadyMacbeth-Did this story happen to you in your real life or did you come across this story on the Internet and decide to share with us?
I sincerely apologize for my stupidity, I just failed to understand this thing at once. Sorry.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Bialorus and everyone else...

Well... to answer your wise question I have to say that all these stories really happened. Not to me but to other people. I read them all on the Net. On Polish Net EXCLUSIVELY.

I have never been fascinated with ghosts, paranormal activities (though I liked X-filies series and all TV crime series etc.) but not in the way -you know - I want to see a ghost or I want to call for ghost, meet a ghost . Just to read about ghosts - nothing more. IF I would like to know something ghosts at all - that would be reading about them. That's all.

So well.. I think I found ghost sites on Polish Net and I was stunned, stunned how many awful ghost stories here. I had no idea about them. And stories about devil too.

Why did I open these sites? To check out if I am ...normal. Yes - normal cause what happened to me was much, much worse than - for example -what happened to the couple from the story above. I saw something terrible, horrible, it wasnot any dream - though everyone was telling me "you had a nightmare". I said - no, it wasnot any nightmare at all. I was taken out of my body and put (in my soul) into a quite different place from the place where I was.
I didn't know what was happening but in one moment SOMEONE closed my eyes when I was aware I found myself into a quite different place ( as a soul) - when the visit finished - I opened eyes again- and well...I was back in the same place. Yes I know - it should have happened when I was eating a dinner, or walking somewhere to be quite sure It wasnot any dream. Hmmm... it is a very weak
side of my story - I know - it is something against my version that it wasnot any dream.
That it was a real "TRIP". Soul-trip.
But I know what I saw. Anyway I didn't see any devil but I saw what devil can do. I experienced devil - I mean he was very bad to me. It was like a short visit in a hell - to be quite short.
I have to write I also experienced devilish dreams but then it wasnot any dream - I am sure. I felt someone closed my eyes. I really felt it.You cannot feel when you are falling asleep and I wasnnot sleepy at all. And suddenly someone closed my eyes. I felt it! :(
It wasnot by night. It was early morning.
Well as deals the story above the boy commited a suicide and his girlfriend spent some time in mental hospital. Other people who took part in this story didn't suffer much.

Have you many ghosts in Bialorus?

LM

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

PS. little correction of my post above:

IF I would like to know something about ghosts at all - I would read about them.

Do you want a next ghost story from Poland? Write it - no problem to me.

Cheers,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Ok. Here we go with the next ghost story. What do you think about it?
No THE END is required.
It is a ghost story in a series of many ghost stories that happen in open area.
Stories like the one told in Peter Weir's movie "Picnic at Hanging Rock".
Have you watched this movie it, by the way? :) Do you find it scary?

===================================================
A BAT

There are caves nearby my town. As a little boy I was going there with my friends..We had torches and we were trying to explore the caves inside out to know everything about them.

On day as a young adult I went there with my girlfriend for a date. I hoped that she would be scared and she would hug me the same moment ( I have always been a very smart guy).
Such things – you know.

We walked inside. I had a torch. We were at first crossroad soon. I light my torch into a direction of another corridor. The same moment I shouted like a mad man – I saw a head of a man in a hole!

He went outside of the black hole of another corridor. He came to us and started to talk about these caves. That unexplained things happen here. I was bad at this man. He spoilt my date!
He seemed to want telling us many things but I said “Thank you for your lecture, man, but time for us”. I wasnot patient at all.

Next I and my girlfriend went out of the cave. He also went out with us. He told to us “Good bye” politely and went into the same direction what we were driving away by my car.

Passing him my girlfriend told to me “lets give him a lift”. At first I didn’t agree. I was still very bad at this guy. But finally, after some seconds, I thought “OK let him show my good heart”. So I stopped the car and turned back to call for him but…there wasn’t anyone behind.

There was no forest, no buildings, no place he could dissappear at all. Did he vanish in the hell or what? – I thought. Then I started my car again and went away feeling strangely.

This guy was so strange. Introducing himself he told to us that he was called “A BAT” when he was …alive. “So I met a BATMAN” I thought ironically hearing it.

After this event still many times I visited caves nearby my town. But I never met this strange man again. Was he a ghost? I thought about it many times.

============================
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

really last ps today - I should have written above:
Have you watched this movie, by the way? :)
Sorry for my numerous English errors :( I didn't have much time to write these stories :(
I wrote them in order to show different Polish ghosts. I mean - that you can meet a ghost everyone in Poland. They ( the stories) need probably some more time and someone really smart to ...paint them using words and write some good short stories about...life. I know it but I am too old for such things. However maybe some younger Net writers can do it and try to publish something using...ghost stories to have thier first step in a real, international writing career. Who knows? :roll:

LM
Masha

Post by Masha »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Have you many ghosts in Bialorus?
Not many, at least some. Here are those that I have heard of:
The Black Lady of Nesvizh.
The castle in this town is reported to be haunted by a ghostly apparition of a black lady, which is said to be Barbara Radzivill(one of the Dukes Radzivills). The story took place in the 17th century. Barbara Radzivill was the king's wife, but her mother-in-law, who didn't like her, poisoned her. The inconsolable king called magicians to help him get in touch with her. He was warned that he shouldn't touch the ghost when it appeared. But as soon as he saw the ghostly apparition of Barbara in the room, he rushed to her and wanted to embrace her. At this moment there was a sound of explosion and she disappeared. Since that time the ghost of Barbara Radzivill has been seen in the castle.
The White Lady of Golshany.
unfortunately, I don't remember the whole story. I just know that this town has been haunted by a white lady, who cannot rest in peace, because several centuries ago she was unfairly killed.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello everyone here :)

Well... I don't know what to write. Generally I think - WHITE GHOST - some hope for this person, BLACK GHOST - no hope for this person :( There are many ghosts in Poland in historical places. Well... many black ladies too :(. There are some horrible places - not only castles but also places in nature - mountains. I will write about it soon.

In this entry of mine I want to write I know very little about later history of Poland like Barbara Radziwił THE QUEEN. Why did I lose any interest in Polish LATER history? It is very complicated, no strong power here. No good power, useful power. Many kings, many crazy ideas.

But what I want to write is that the most interesting in Poland ( and the best) are 2 first dynasties: PIAST and JAGIELLONS. Well.. about the first dynasty - they were OK and they lasted very long in my native Silesia. Why did they die out finally?
Well... I read they didn't like kids. You surely know Barbara Radziwił had no kids and thus she died. You know many lovers and no kids - a nasty disease and the end. But you know - she lived rather later and she wasn't any PIAST. And PIASTS started Poland and ruled very long in Silesia where I live.
However they were very bad for kids. Thus I stopped to care about later history of Poland. When PIASTS died out in Silesia - Germans came here and well... in Poland Jagiellons came to Cracow for a moment and then Barbara Radziwił and lot of mess.
So only PIASTS matter to me - and specially here in Silesia when they died out around 1612. So 100 years after crazy Barbara Radziwił THE QUEEN. I read a lot of things about PiASTS. Their law was very strict but they were very, very bad for kids and they were trading with kids in very cruel ways. Thus they died out - I thought.

What this story about PIASTS has in common with ghosts? Well... a lot of Piast ghosts in Poland here and there. They are historical ghosts. But they are white ghosts. And Barbara Radziwił can be put outside to me - she didn't matter. No kids. And black ghost this time? Think about the rest on your own. :roll:

LM

PS1. Sorry for my English errors. Read me soon again :)
PS2. I read here a ghost story from Arabic country - but in this story someone met Death.
Don't people in arabic country meet black ghosts or white ghosts? Or devils? Only Death?
Who is Death when you meet it - a devil or whom? In Poland people meet ghosts/vampires but no meeting with Death here as far as I know. Meeting Death is something really eastern - arabic to me.

LM
Colon

Post by Colon »

Do you believe in ghost? I don't believe....bus they are on the streets...
itao

Post by itao »

In my opnion, there are no ghosts around the world!!! The main reason why the ghosts existence has never been proved by scientist!! And I have never met ghosts. So there are no ghosts around the world!!
misty

Post by misty »

I can't tell if that will actually happens to me.