Your view on the English Language?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

andri

Your view on the English Language?

Post by andri »

Hey everyone, I'm a new comer in this forum. I'm from Indonesia. I'm so exited to join this club and get to know everybody in this club better. I would like to bring up an interesting yet simple topic that I need everybody's opinion on. So, please jump in!

A lot of people stay away from English. Some of you guys are not afraid of speaking it, regardless your English skill. Some see English as the "ultimate" language, that every human being has to speak. You are seen as less smart if you don't speak the language. you may see English and who ever that speaks the language as more prestigous and "cool" than you are.
I'd like to invite everybody to come and share their thoughts about the topic. What is your view on the English language? I'd really appreciate it if you could, please, BE HONEST about it!
Najma

Re: Your view of the English Language?

Post by Najma »

My view of the English language is that it is an international language. It's the language we communicate to each other even though we live different "world". It sounds really good when people who have different religions and views, but have the languege they can be connected and understood one another. That's interesting!

In contrast, English is the craziest language in teh world. Learning English is really difficult when your mothertongue is totally different from it; like me, my language( Somali) and English is two " countries" such as Kenya and Norway when it comes to the pronounciation. That's boring.
braveheart

Re: Your view on the English Language?

Post by braveheart »

it is so interesting language and i like it.
braveheart

hi friends i'm an arab student of english language

Post by braveheart »

A good language
kondus

Post by kondus »

I study English because it’s very important and necessary for advancement of my career. In addition, I think that each formed person should know not only a native language. Also it is English.
Selma

Post by Selma »

Heyy! I'm new too in this forum. I'm from Morocco and I want to learn English very well because she's the most important language after French. If we travel in different countries we'll have to speak English, all the series and films that we love so much are in english, our only common language all over the world, is english so if we like or not, we have to learn it! I think that people who don't try to understand it are just afraid and they're SO WRONG. :)