seeking JHS penpals in English speaking country for students

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

kansaikatie

seeking JHS penpals in English speaking country for students

Post by kansaikatie »

Greetings!
I just joined this website after discovering it while searching online for ways to find penpals for my students. I am currently teaching English in Japan at a junior high school (grades 7-9)and elementary school (grades 5-6). I am from California and this is my second year teaching here.

I would like to connect with a junior high school teacher (or multiple teachers) in English speaking countries to set-up penpals for those of my students who are interested. I am also interested in cultural exchanges between classes involving sending packages of things like videos, photos, magazines, music, foods, souvenirs, etc to share their cultures directly with each other and give students the chance to learn about another country and culture from the perspective of someone their own age. I would be interested in setting up a cultural exchange of this sort of an elementary school teacher as well, but my elementary students can't read and write English yet, so penpals wouldn't be an option.

If you are interested, please message me here and I can send you my email in a private message and we can discuss the details.

I look forward to hearing from you!
kostyann

Re: seeking JHS penpals in English speaking country for stud

Post by kostyann »

Dear Kansaikatie, I was interested with your suggestion having read your letter. Perhaps, it would be interesting for you and your students, that I am eager to have penpals with your students.
I am from Russia. I have been studying English since the 2nd grade. Now I am in the 9th grade at high school.And I am interested in correspondence experience with your students.
By the way, my mother is an English teacher and her burning desire is to have a sending packages experience as you will.
If you are interested, please message me here and we can discuss our private messages in details.
I look forward to hearing from you!
harusaki

Re: seeking JHS penpals in English speaking country for stud

Post by harusaki »

Dear Kansaikatie,

Greetings!
I'm excited to hear that you are teaching English to students in Japan! That is something to be really proud of. I'm an English teacher myself, living in Los Angeles, California, and also have a similar intererst to teach English in Japan. I understand that there is high demand for native English speakers to teach in Japan.

I would like to work with you to help find penpals for some of your students. I would also like to ask you to please work with me to find some Japanese students who are interested in polishing their English skills even further by receiving additional instruction from me. I have been privately teaching English for the past 10 years and would consider it an honor to provide additional instruction to some of your Japanese students through the Internet. Ideally, we would use Skype or some other instant messenger, with the option to use microphone and/or webcam if the student was interested in doing so.

Please contact me by email at: use Private Message [edited by Admin]

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,

Randy Willis