The Olympics

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What I meant is that small nations with no government of their own (even though in Catalunya we DO have a government different than the Spanish one) are not allowed to participate in the games for themselves, which I think it's a pity, i.e. most "Spanish" sportsmen competing in the Olympics are Catalan.

You know what the Spanish TV did? Yesterday, a sportsman from Mallorca won the cycling medal. He then went straight to some people in the public, and hugged them. They were holding a Catalan flag, and the Spanish TV cut those images, since any Catalanism gesture were forbidden in the Olympics (just like in Franco's best times!)

Well, I don't want to start telling you guys all the vexation the Spanish make us go through, as always, but just wanted to point out that. :wink:
Asep

Post by Asep »

OK, sorry for the potential mistake I may have made. I don't even know that much about where my ancestors came from, though. You're Chinese, Lennye_Tran? Like I told Merce, I love Chinese and, above all, I love their natural eastern beauty. That is not to say I love all of you, anyway. What if I ask you for your email address, then?
lennye_tran wrote: Asep, "pure" Indonesian? I didn't know about that term. I thought most of Indo were Indo-born-Chinese, like Chinese people in Singapore or America or anywhere else in the world. They're a citizens of the currently country but they have Chinese background.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Haha, looks like Asep wants everybody's e-mail address here! :wink:
Asep

Post by Asep »

You're definitely right, Dixie. Only if you wish, of course. I'm not an insistent type of person, anyway. But I'm willing to upload my pic to this forum if any of you ever want me to. Seriously. Nothing more than for the sake of friendship. We want it as easy as possible to get to know each other well, don't we?
Dixie wrote:Haha, looks like Asep wants everybody's e-mail address here! :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Yeah, Olympics is great. coz it can make people from diverse places together.

As a chinese, I am proud of my country and chinese sports. Chinese althletes gained great achievements on Olympics.

when I see Chinese national flag rising and Chinese national anthem sounding in Olympics's sky, I always can't help crying. in exciting tears.
Phamtuan41c

Post by Phamtuan41c »

Dear Chinese friend.

From Viet Nam, Congragulaions on your success. :D :D :D :D

Best regard.

Post by Guest »

thanks!