help me with mu writting test

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

thanhtung

help me with mu writting test

Post by thanhtung »

my dear friends, :D
i have a difficult topic and i hope u can hlep me.i will debt in u very much,each person each idea.it's also a funny topic for our chatting.

"Some people think that studying a foreign language in the country where the language is spoken is the best way to learn the language.Others think that learning a foreign language while living in your own country is preferable.Discuss both situations.which point of view do u agree with?give your reasons."

how do you feel,it's a funny topic isn't it?tell me your idea ,please.
honeylovely

hi thanhtung

Post by honeylovely »

This is an interesting topic, I think. But first, you should give your own ideas about it and after that others can help. It's much better than we just ask.
Take care.
bye
Golfygirl

Re: help me with mu writting test

Post by Golfygirl »

thanhtung wrote:my dear friends, :D
i have a difficult topic and i hope u can hlep me.i will debt in u very much,each person each idea.it's also a funny topic for our chatting.

"Some people think that studying a foreign language in the country where the language is spoken is the best way to learn the language.Others think that learning a foreign language while living in your own country is preferable.Discuss both situations.which point of view do u agree with?give your reasons."

Its overwhelming to me to even think about learning another language. I admire who can do that.

If I were to learn Chinese in my country(USA), I would have to have a lot of tape recordings and study a lot of Chinese grammer books. I would not have anyone to practice with outloud.

If I were in China, I would have to have someone that could speak English, otherwise, they would not know what my questions were and I wouldn't know what they were telling me.

In the perfect world--there would be both Chinese people and American people in one place. Then I could know both languages.

The bottom line in learning another language is having someone available to help you--2 are better than 1 situation.
thanhtung

Re: help me with my writting test

Post by thanhtung »

Golfygirl wrote:
thanhtung wrote:my dear friends, :D

Its overwhelming to me to even think about learning another language. I admire who can do that.

If I were to learn Chinese in my country(USA), I would have to have a lot of tape recordings and study a lot of Chinese grammer books. I would not have anyone to practice with outloud.

If I were in China, I would have to have someone that could speak English, otherwise, they would not know what my questions were and I wouldn't know what they were telling me.

In the perfect world--there would be both Chinese people and American people in one place. Then I could know both languages.

The bottom line in learning another language is having someone available to help you--2 are better than 1 situation.
i really appreciate your help! :P
but how do u think about tuition?and lack up sentiments when we study abroad?you really wanna learn China?
Golfygirl

Post by Golfygirl »

Hi thanhtung,
There are a pretty good bit of people coming to the US to learn and live. It scares me to think about going to another country. When someone is different its hard to belong. Thinking about going to China now, I believe I would need to just live in China for at least a year before I would attempt learning. What a strain it would be mentally to just belong or fit in. With that type of strain on me, it would be hard for me to learn. It really would depend on how long I remained scared while being there.

I'm imbarrassed to say that I don't know enough about other people from other countries. Ignorance, is imbarrassing. When I get more time, I will read more and find out more about China.
I just started my 3rd job, so I don't have a lot of free time, but that will only be for about 2 more months.

I would love to teach or help, but unfortunately, I only have an 8th grade education. There is something interesting about me though, I have been certifed in accounting 1, 2, 3 & 4. Most of my knowledge has come from dailey life experiences. It has been a long journey. I now know that is the advantage of getting a college education. Because college prepares you with far more information about life & people. Just the mental state of being college educated puts you way ahead of the game of life.

Anything you would like to tell me about China would be enjoyed and appreciated. :)