I need your help about the job interview

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Yen

I need your help about the job interview

Post by Yen »

In next Monday, I'll go to interview to find a part-time job/ This is a first time so I don't have experiences about that. I'm very nervous and don't know what I should to say when they ask me. Do you know what question they will ask and what I should to say ...... I'm very very need your helpd :cry: :cry: thank you so much.
quicksilver
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: I need your help about the job interview

Post by quicksilver »

Yen wrote:In next Monday, I'll go to interview to find a part-time job/ This is a first time so I don't have experiences about that. I'm very nervous and don't know what I should to say when they ask me. Do you know what question they will ask and what I should to say ...... I'm very very need your helpd :cry: :cry: thank you so much.
What part-time job will you work?
I think you shouldnt be so nervous.Everything will be very easy if you are unruffled.Your attitude will affect the result ,so dont be too much worried!
I think there're some Q they may ask you such as : Have you ever done any job before?
Have you ever done this job?Why do you choose this job?, and so on...It also depends on your answers, they can ask many other questions

They ask your quality, your degree.Anyway, they interview you to make sure how self-confident you are.

Gook luck!Hope you will be accepted! :) :) :)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Quicksilver is right! Don't be any nervous and if you can't help it, just try everything so the interviewer doesn't notice :D

Your attitude, as said above, is very important. Try to smile as you come in, and sit down when asked to. Respect the interviewer's space (don't put your purse on their desk!). Don't cross your legs or your arms, you must transmit a relaxed attitude.

Don't speak quickly, think well about the answers before replying (don't take too long, though :D). Don't lie, be yourself, and everything will turn out well! ;)
Yen

Post by Yen »

Thank you.I'm just a ELL student, the part time I will work is waitress. Should I say " I don't have experiences but I will try my best" .
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What does ELL stand for?
Yen

Post by Yen »

I'm ESL student so my English is not good but I want to have a part time job to improve my English and have more experience... :D
Golfygirl

Post by Golfygirl »

The interview is for both parties. You will have questions for yourself also. How many hours will you work? What days of the week will you work. How much will you get paid. Are there any benefits like insurance or discounts. Will you be working by yourself. Will you be standing or sitting? Do you get lunch breaks or just breaks? What days will you have off?

They will want to know how old you are. Where are you from. Where did you hear about the job. Have you ever worked before. Where have you worked before. How long have you worked. Did you finish school. Are you married or single. Do you have kids? Do you have any experience in the work available.

Even though this may be your first interview, you may still have some experience. If its a dish washing job, surely you've washed dishes at home. If its a cooking job, surely you've cooked at home.

Be sure to look nice and clean. Say things like--thank you, your welcome, yes mam/no mam, no sir/yes sir. Most important--look them in the eyes.

You can tell them things like, your a fast learner, you will be dependable, your honest, your not a trouble maker, etc. :)

I hope you get the job--relax--breath--don't let them see you sweat--you can do it--you are strong!! :wink:
Yen

Post by Yen »

Thanks you , everyone.. It's help me alot. I tried hard in the interview's day... It was good .. But they don't need the people can work in 5 pm to 11 pm so ..I can't ..But I have more experience ..She was so nice with me...^_^ So I'll find more part-time jobs ...^_^