Help :)

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Ilzy

Help :)

Post by Ilzy »

Hello :)

I just joined to the English Club. I have a question. I would like to ask for advice, actually...

I moved to Uk in last July. But my English is not improved. I have the same level I have had in Latvia.

The problem is I can't organise my self for Englisg studies.

Sometimes I doo too much, and sometimes nothing.

I have a lot of good books. Boks for grammar and phrasal verbs etc for my level (intermediate).

A Iam working full time very often I feel very tiered and I have feeling my english sudies go to nowhere.

I would like somebody to help me with advice how to plan my english studies successfully.

How many words learn in english every day? How many grammar do every week?

How make my self-study plan?
weibing
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by weibing »

You're lucky that you're now living in the UK, which means you've got a good English-learning environment(which I always dream about having) and you can take advantage of it to improve your English. "Practice makes perfect!" You'll definitely encounter some difficulties in learning English, even many years after...But fortunately, we've got excellent English teacher here, like Alan. You can ask any questions here and will feel content with teacher's answers! By the way, this forum is not the "help each other forum", which means I'm not supposed to give feedback here, so I'll finish by now! Good luck!
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Hi Ilzy... let me tell you something.This webpage have a link called: "7 secrets", which has seven recommendation to improve your english everyday. I think those advices could be very useful for you to organize yourself. The bad thing is that you have to wait a week to get it all.

Regarding your problem, As weibing has said, the fact that you´re living in a english speaking country and working there it´s a great advantage because you can practice everyday and be in touch with the language constantly. Also you must be clear that we don´t learn a language, we only practice it!!! That´s why people says the more your practice the more you´ll learn.

But despite how tired you are at the end of the day, you have to have enough willpower to take a book and start improving your english, remember, that its for your own good... or if you feel absolutely exhausted to study at home, you should do it in your work if you´ve got a few minutes free.

Regards

P.S: I´ve got those secrets in a e-mail. If you´d like them quickly, please give me a e-mail address and with pleasure I´ll send it to you.