Please note that these ESL Forums
are NOT part of MyEnglishClub
. To post at these ESL Forums
please register ↑ first.
English grammar help. Grammar questions from ESL learners
1) He will be the first to see the baby.
2) He will be the first seeing the baby.
(1) sounds good to me. I frequently encounter such usages. And many books give the usage of "the first....to infinitive". But I'm not sure about (2). Does it sound to you? Thanks.
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 am
- Status: Other
- EC Teacher
- Posts: 12041
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
- Location: Japan
- Status: English Teacher
Return to Grammar Help
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests