EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CARTOONS

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

who is guilty for unleashing terror

arab countries
1
8%
islam and arab culture
3
25%
ben laden and other terrorists supported by arab countries
1
8%
western world
4
33%
all humankind
3
25%
free press
0
No votes
no one
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 12

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby lambliver » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
lambliver wrote:

Im very intrested in these topics which is related to Religion and current affair.

Starting with 11th september, UK's bombing and Baslan attacks, Madrid etc. These bombings attacks are not an islamic behaviour and those who do the attacks are not obeying islamic rules in battles and in what we call it "Jehad". Islam didn't ask to go and kill innocent people, bomb urban places and killing children and women.

The first victim of throat cutting and barbaric act mohamed son "Hussian bin ali ". terroist cut his head and put it on a spear " More information go and read about Karbala ". the first point is, those people who make bombers are not discipline and not obeying islam's jehad rules.

About the cartoon. I dont think that the freedom of press in Denmark should be international, to make fun of a symbol of a religion that has some group of people who are very extremit. This cartton may lead and pron people to risks.

I think that mohamed is a great prophet and mankind. If an artist want to depict he should respect his own character as an artist and other people symbol

Why are you repeating your posts? What is your point, dude?


My point is to let you know that Mohamed and his household are the first people who were victims of terroist. Hussain peace be upon him " Son of Mohamed's PBUH daughter ", an army that call them self muslim " As Binladen and Abo mosaab " cut Hussain's head and put it on a spear.

I want you to read history a little bet more .
lambliver
Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: Bahrain

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby Remanu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:28 am

LennyeTran wrote:And what kinda law and culture are those people living in that they think they can throw stones, burning down buildings, KILL people for a couple of pictures?? To you people he's something; to non-Muslim people he's nothing. For instance, to me he's nothing. However, it doesn't mean I will laugh at those pictures or think they're funny. On the other hand, I don't approve your actions.

And if you think you've learned and respected other cultures, then bring back the Buddha statues that you guys destroyed. If you could bring them back, then I will be on your side protesting about those pictures. Otherwise, you are just bunch of hypocrites to me. No hypocrite can come to me and talk about something they want when they've done those things to others!


See, you believe in Buddhism and you protect your religion. What if I say 'those Buddha statues mean nothing to me?' Everything has its evil inside. L*L!
However, I think you seem rather kindda see one individual's action, then impose on all others. I find you are seeking for a battle here. So non-sense for me to continue. The end of the thread for me!
I want to be better at English
---A-17-year-old-girl---
Remanu
Gold Member
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 am

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby Remanu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:32 am

Dixie wrote:Good luck on your exam.


Thanks. It wasn't bad.
I want to be better at English
---A-17-year-old-girl---
Remanu
Gold Member
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 am

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby MissLT » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:14 am

Remanu wrote:
See, you believe in Buddhism and you protect your religion. What if I say 'those Buddha statues mean nothing to me?' Everything has its evil inside. L*L!

What did we Buddhists do when you Muslims destroyed the statue? NOTHING, I tell ya. The world stepped in trying to save it because it was the world's heritage. However, it was being destroyed anyway. We did not protest, kill anyone, throw stones at people, burn down the buildings. No, we did not do any of these things. We felt pity for other people's ignorance.

Religion is not just all about how you worship someone. It's about how you follow the teaching to be in a better place. We, Buddhists, don't tight ourselves to the images of the Buddhas such as statues or pictures. It's the teaching that would lead us to nirvana, not those pictures or statues.

You can say Buddhism is nothing to you, and I don't give a damn about it. It's your choice to say how meaningful it is to you. I just wanted to remind you that if you have people don't respect other people's religion, then use your mind to think of other human beings and stop giving excuses to the hypocrites.


Remanu wrote:However, I think you seem rather kindda see one individual's action, then impose on all others. I find you are seeking for a battle here. So non-sense for me to continue. The end of the thread for me!

Yes, I'm seeking for a fight here. I will fight with people who give excuses to explain why people would kill others because of some pictures. It's inhumane!
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:04 am

Remanu wrote:
danyet wrote:There is NO law to respect another's religion. Our law is; If I think that your religion is a joke, I AM ENTITLED TO SAY SO!!!


It's the law of the jungle. That's the MAIN REASON has caused attacks of Muslims in all over the world recently. So, if you don't like anyone, you ARE ENTTTLED to kill him?

Your question goes back to you, too. So, if you don't like some stupid pictures, you ARE ENTITILED to kill people because of those pictures?
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby ahmads » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:59 am

Dixie wrote:
Remanu wrote:Once again, I don't want to talk about this.


Then don't. I don't wanna try to convince you of something I find so basic, really. The day muslims will learn to respect human rights, the world will improve a lot. Meanwhile, you will keep on living in prehistoric times.

prehistoric times that you are talking ,,it is driving you to be in 2006,,
your computer is built by equation that was invented by muslim .
your glasses is invented by muslim.even zero number was invented by muslim . even the silk that you wear ,,the first time was being in europe ,muslims brought it,, ((have you seen the drawing in the old building in Roma,did you see the women on it ,,,what they are wearing,,on their clothes you will see arabic sentences))
even the soap that you usu to clean your self was invented by muslim..
even the medicine ....
but there were people burned all our science,and there were people who destroyed us ,and and it continue although we at the worst days from our islam civilization
Last edited by ahmads on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan

Postby ahmads » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 am

danyet wrote:
If Muslims can say Jesus is just a prophet then anyone can say Mohammed was just a warlord and Allah a figment of his imagination.

Danyet this is not our subject that we are talking about .
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby ahmads » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:01 am

Dixie wrote:
Finally someone admits they are against freedom of expression.

yes ,,dixie ....I am the first one who want freedom of speech
that it helps people..
and the newspaper that we are talking about ,,
before a while rejected to publish the drawing that were ironic of Jesus because the newspaper didn't want to wound the christian,(nevertheless muslims will object at that)..
this is the freedom of speech,,,
P.S :I don't say my words to justify burning the building
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan

Postby ahmads » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:19 am

meny wrote:
ahmads wrote:there is a book ,,I don't remember its name ..
american book for the greatest 100 men in the history ..
the best one of them is Mohamed prophet ,
the book says that prophet mohamed changed all history positively ....


the name of the american writer is Michel Hart but i don't know the name of the book in english bec i have the arabic version translated by anis mansour but if i translate the title by myself it will be( the eternal persons are hundred, the greatest is Mohammed the messanger of God, peace be upon him.

THE NAME OF THE BOOK IS:
The 100: The Most Influential Persons in History
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:05 am

ahmads wrote:
prehistoric times that you are talking ,,it is driving you to be in 2006,,
your computer is built by equation that was invented by muslim .
your glasses is invented by muslim.even zero number was invented by muslim . even the silk that you wear ,,the first time was being in europe ,muslims brought it,, ((have you seen the drawing in the old building in Roma,did you see the women on it ,,,what they are wearing,,on their clothes you will see arabic sentences))
even the soap that you clean your self was invented by muslim..
even the medicine ....
but there were people burned all our science,and there were people who destroyed us ,and and it continue although we at the worst days from our islam civilization


You completely changed the subject. I am not talking about inventions. I am talking about behavior and ways of thinking.
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

PreviousNext

Return to Current News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests