EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:09 pm

illusion wrote:i read all the books in english. in fact i didn't even buy the last two in my naitive language....hehe

I usually read books in English if they were from English writers and books in my language if they were not from English writers. Before, I liked my language's translation of those books better because I thought the translation was better than English's translation. Anyway, last time I tried to read Harry Potter in my native language to check on how they did the translation. And gosh, it was so bad. I was so disappointed. Now I have to rethink about other books that I've read in my language. I've been borrowing them in English to compare. So far, the non-English books in English's translation are pretty much better than the ones in my language.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Pixie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 pm

I've never enjoyed reading Harry Potter, can't explain the main reason, because I really don't know. I guess it must be cool though...
Pixie

Postby MissLT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:04 am

Pixie wrote:I've never enjoyed reading Harry Potter, can't explain the main reason, because I really don't know. I guess it must be cool though...

Did you read it yet?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:18 am

I have Harry Potter ebooks 1-6. I can send them to anyone who want to read them.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:14 am

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:i read all the books in english. in fact i didn't even buy the last two in my naitive language....hehe

I usually read books in English if they were from English writers and books in my language if they were not from English writers. Before, I liked my language's translation of those books better because I thought the translation was better than English's translation. Anyway, last time I tried to read Harry Potter in my native language to check on how they did the translation. And gosh, it was so bad. I was so disappointed. Now I have to rethink about other books that I've read in my language. I've been borrowing them in English to compare. So far, the non-English books in English's translation are pretty much better than the ones in my language.

hey Len, what's your native language?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:32 am

illusion wrote:

Vietnamese. What's up?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:45 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:

Vietnamese. What's up?

nothing, just wondering cos you speak such a perfect english 8)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm

When I read it in Estonian, I thought, that it would be nice to read it in english too, but... Estonian books I readed almost 2 weeks, then for english I need at least 100x more time. I think I'm too lazy for this.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:00 pm

illusion wrote:

Thank you, but you should hear my English accent. You would laugh and think otherwise. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:

Thank you, but you should hear my English accent. You would laugh and think otherwise. :wink:

maybe if I buy a mike then I'll be able to hear you and the rest of the crew :-) but I'm sure you're accent isn't that funny :P
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors