EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DO YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER OF J.K.ROWLING?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:09 pm

illusion wrote:i read all the books in english. in fact i didn't even buy the last two in my naitive language....hehe

I usually read books in English if they were from English writers and books in my language if they were not from English writers. Before, I liked my language's translation of those books better because I thought the translation was better than English's translation. Anyway, last time I tried to read Harry Potter in my native language to check on how they did the translation. And gosh, it was so bad. I was so disappointed. Now I have to rethink about other books that I've read in my language. I've been borrowing them in English to compare. So far, the non-English books in English's translation are pretty much better than the ones in my language.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Pixie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 pm

I've never enjoyed reading Harry Potter, can't explain the main reason, because I really don't know. I guess it must be cool though...
Pixie

Postby MissLT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:04 am

Pixie wrote:I've never enjoyed reading Harry Potter, can't explain the main reason, because I really don't know. I guess it must be cool though...

Did you read it yet?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:18 am

I have Harry Potter ebooks 1-6. I can send them to anyone who want to read them.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:14 am

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:i read all the books in english. in fact i didn't even buy the last two in my naitive language....hehe

I usually read books in English if they were from English writers and books in my language if they were not from English writers. Before, I liked my language's translation of those books better because I thought the translation was better than English's translation. Anyway, last time I tried to read Harry Potter in my native language to check on how they did the translation. And gosh, it was so bad. I was so disappointed. Now I have to rethink about other books that I've read in my language. I've been borrowing them in English to compare. So far, the non-English books in English's translation are pretty much better than the ones in my language.

hey Len, what's your native language?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:32 am

illusion wrote:

Vietnamese. What's up?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:45 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:

Vietnamese. What's up?

nothing, just wondering cos you speak such a perfect english 8)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm

When I read it in Estonian, I thought, that it would be nice to read it in english too, but... Estonian books I readed almost 2 weeks, then for english I need at least 100x more time. I think I'm too lazy for this.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:00 pm

illusion wrote:

Thank you, but you should hear my English accent. You would laugh and think otherwise. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
illusion wrote:

Thank you, but you should hear my English accent. You would laugh and think otherwise. :wink:

maybe if I buy a mike then I'll be able to hear you and the rest of the crew :-) but I'm sure you're accent isn't that funny :P
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors