In the Jungle

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee wrote:I’d like to tell you all about it but I’ll do it next time because this is getting long and boring.
So you do know after all.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:
Lalee wrote:I’d like to tell you all about it but I’ll do it next time because this is getting long and boring.
So you do know after all.
I can't believe this. You read all that long and boring story? Awww you're so cute! :oops:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

That's right, and I don't plan to make the same mistake twice.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:That's right, and I don't plan to make the same mistake twice.
Oh come on! Both of us know you enjoyed it!
I've started writing the last part and I know you're going to read it too.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I repeat, I will not make the same mistake twice.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:I repeat, I will not make the same mistake twice.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Why do you have to be so mean?
Well, I know many people here enjoy my writing..Just look at the views..It's growing and growing.
By the way, I have a surprise for you.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Do you know why your story was boring? Because there was no bang. No boom. No nothing. When you write anything, try to use simple, complex and compound sentence structures evenly. Read your first paragraph again and you will know what I'm talking about.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:Do you know why your story was boring? Because there was no bang. No boom. No nothing. When you write anything, try to use simple, complex and compound sentence structures evenly. Read your first paragraph again and you will know what I'm talking about.
Well, it's your fault. I asked you to help me writing it but you didn't want to. :cry: :cry:
I promise the last part will be interesting. I almost got kidnapped that night.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:there was no bang. No boom.
Bangs and booms? Awww your perverted side is on again.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I'm sorry but it is your mind that is in the gutter. No bang/boom means there was nothing remotely interesting about that part of the story. The only thing I vividly remember after reading it was that you sweat a lot. I don't know about you but to me, sweat is not good topic to write about.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote: The only thing I vividly remember after reading it was that you sweat a lot.
Awwww how cute. That was my favorite part too. :oops:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

In the jungle Part III
Before leaving Pucallpa, we were heading to a brother's house located in Tingo Maria and we had an incident on our way. We were traveling in a taxi but some terrorist-stealers (I made that word up) stopped the car and forced us to get out of there. It was at night and everything happened so quickly.

Oh yeah, so those terrorist-stealers forced us to get out of the car. Most of us were all dizzy. There were four people in the car plus the taxi driver.
They were holding big shotguns. They were also wearing hoods and masks to cover their faces. I was scared.
We had to listen to them. They were like, "Ok if you don't have money or anything valuable, we're gonna kill you!!!" They were so angry yelling and swearing all the time at us. I was glad my Korean friends didn’t understand all those dirty words. I was like, "if they knew what they’re saying to them”
After some time, they forced us to lay on the floor. The korean guy was refusing to listen to them. I was afraid that something bad could happen to him. They were yelling at him but he wouldn’t listen. Umm..Come to think of it, I think he was not able to understand a word they were saying that’s why he didn’t do what he was asked to do? His Spanish was ok but it was not that good, you know? I was always making fun of his Spanish.
Anyways, while we were on the floor, they started to thoroughly search all of us. I didn't like that at all. I mean, they were touching me and all that.

We didn't have money and they were getting angrier and angrier and kept telling us that if they didn't find money, they'd kill us.

While I was lying there, I started to think of God and his word. The sky was beautiful that night. It was full of stars.

Then I started to pray to God in my heart. I said, "God, if you want us to die here, if that's your will,it's ok. I want to thank you for the grace you've given to me so far. If I die, it's ok because I know I'll go to heaven with you so there's nothing to worry about oh and if I die here, please make them shoot me fast so that I don't suffer too much"
The last part sounds funny, I know.

Then my heart changed, I was not scared at all. I was just waiting for God's will.

The men searched in our bags and took my friend's bag that contained her personal stuff and her digital camera and some money. They also took the korean guy’s sneakers.(They were brand new.)

Later they ran away into the woods. I was so surprised when they released us.

God really helped us. Those men didn't harm us or hit us.

Then we got in the car again and we met pastor's family who were waiting for us and they were worried about us when they realized our taxi was not behind them.

The jungle trip is one of the most memorable trips of my whole life. I think I'll always remember it.

Pastor said that God really helped us there. That those people are capable of doing anything.
So I guess next time if we think about visiting the jungle again, we'll have to travel in daytime, eh?
:wink:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

This is a long story, more so than the original...*yawns*. Hey, I'm kidding. :wink:

I didn't read when they took his sneakers! I know how he must've felt, I myself just bought a new pair!!

And shoot you fast so you won't suffer too much? They can only shoot you as fast as the bullets can fly. N/M :roll: But at least you were ready to accept death, I'm so proud of you but also that you gave up on your life so easily.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

FIVER wrote: And shoot you fast so you won't suffer too much? They can only shoot you as fast as the bullets can fly. N/M :roll:
What I meant to say was that I wanted to die fast without suffering too much.
And are your new sneakers white again?
FIVER wrote: But at least you were ready to accept death, I'm so proud of you but also that you gave up on your life so easily.
Well, if God's wants you to die, then you just die. It's not like you can fight against HIS will, right?
Anyways, the good thing is that I'm still alive. :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oh gosh, that was scary! Luckily, they didn't gang rape you.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Yeah, for a moment I thought they were going to rape us. I was so scared. They looked so dangerous. :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yeah, that would have been really scary. One girl in my high school years got raped, and I heard she went crazy. She couldn't take the mental pain. So sad! You should thank God for this one, too. You know, we'll die eventually, but getting raped is not a come-and-go thingy like life and death. It's cruel and injustice. :x
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Did anyone cry at all? During or after this "terrorist-stealing" event?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Yes, the sister cried when we got back in the car.
Neither I nor my korean friend did. We just got in the taxi again and didn't say a word. I was feeling dirty because they touched me and my clothes were dirty too and I have no idea what my friend was thinking about. Maybe she was like, "Damn it, I've lost my digital camera...wait a minute..I lost my make-up too!!! Nooooo!! :lol:
She loved to wear make-up. She couldn't live without powdering her nose.
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

What did the korean guy do?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Umm I don't remember very well but I do remember that his feet were full of mud, and even poop. :D
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Lalee wrote:Umm I don't remember very well but I do remember that his feet were full of mud, and even poop. :D
:shock: Peru is full of caca even on the normal roads!? It's not like he went into a pig pen or anything, right?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

FIVER wrote: :shock: Peru is full of caca even on the normal roads!? It's not like he went into a pig pen or anything, right?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

FIVER wrote: :shock: Peru is full of caca even on the normal roads!? It's not like he went into a pig pen or anything, right?
You're so gullible. I was kidding when I said that but it was worth it because you made Dixie laugh. :lol:
Did I teach you the word "caca"? Or did you learn it from the jerk?
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

:oops: Actually, I saw the opportunity to use the word and so there it is. and I didn't learn it from you..you don't even really like teaching S to me because you're so full of yourself :twisted:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

You're a bit biased here, fiver. She taught me one Spanish word. She called me a locas girl. Can you believe her? :twisted:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

FIVER wrote:you don't even really like teaching S to me because you're so full of yourself :twisted:
What would be the use? I know if I were to teach you something, you wouldn't remember it after 5 minutes.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote:You're a bit biased here, fiver. She taught me one Spanish word. She called me a locas girl. Can you believe her? :twisted:
Locas? I never taught you anything like that but I did taught you the word "loca"
Take out your notebook and write it down my little loca girl. :D
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

LennyeTran wrote:You're a bit biased here, fiver. She taught me one Spanish word. She called me a locas girl. Can you believe her? :twisted:
:?: How am I being bias? I don't get it...
And yes, I can believe it that she called you loca. Suits you perfectly. :wink:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Lalee wrote: What would be the use? I know if I were to teach you something, you wouldn't remember it after 5 minutes.
So that's your answer!? Because it's just no good to teach a bad learner!? :( It's a good thing Dixie and Oriani offered their help, hmpf!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote:
Locas? I never taught you anything like that but I did taught you the word "loca"
Take out your notebook and write it down my little loca girl. :D
Heh heh heh heh.... I was looking at Lucas and Jack's pictures when I was typing it. And doesn't locas mean crazy people? I made it plural instead of singular. *Pouting* I still should have had some credits for remembering the word.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Yeah, you're right. You should get some credits for remembering it.
You're a good student. At least you remember what I teach you. FIVER *hint, hint* :wink:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Lalee wrote: FIVER *hint, hint* :wink:
*sticks my tongue out at you* :x

I was wondering... did you guys talk about what happened? Like a group talk?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

FIVER wrote: *sticks my tongue out at you* :x
We need that smiley :D
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

FIVER wrote:
I was wondering... did you guys talk about what happened? Like a group talk?
Yes, we talked about it.
Before the sermon starts, there's usually a testimony-time for all the people who wants to share something in front of the whole church. The korean guys and the sister who cried gave their testimonies after we got back from Pucallpa to Lima. I wanted to give mine too but I thought it was not necessary since they'd said it all already. :wink:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Dixie wrote:
I know! You have no idea how much I use it! :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

FIVER wrote: I know! You have no idea how much I use it! :cry:
I use it constantly on msn :D
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Dixie wrote:
But we have that smiley. :P Razz is the same as the strawberry sound.
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Unknownsu wrote:But we have that smiley. :P Razz is the same as the strawberry sound.
It doesn't even look like it though!!! It looks like someone who's sucked on a red lollipop. :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Did I hear a red lollipop? :lol: