EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that alien life forms exist on other planets?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Krisi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:15 pm

8) :arrow: Probably. Maybe the reason why they can't be detected by humane is that they really look strange probably in a form of a rock or a slimy creature. :wink:
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby daveng » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:07 pm

I think there must be some creatures that we don't know in the world.

But under the strict regulation of the offical states, it is not easy to be exposed.
daveng

Postby MissLT » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:59 am

I went camping with my extended family last time. While we were checking out the stars, the idea of aliens and other forms of life came up. My cousin had one interesting idea that I liked it very much. He believes that one day humans could create a time machine to travel back and forth in time. Therefore, aliens, some people believe they have seen, might just be people of the future going back to check out the past. We're not there yet; that's why we called them aliens. 8)
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby nightwish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:58 pm

of course not!
nightwish
Silver Member

Postby iamvitaly » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:30 pm

I think that visitors are only government's experiments... UFO is a new generation secret military airplain... Visitiors are goverment's fiction which helps them conduct a trial of modern military experiments... But we believe... Or not?
iamvitaly
Silver Member

Postby skorpion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:01 pm

vince90 wrote:I would say yes. Since human and animal exist on earth, life must exist on other planets

This is a non sequitur. The fact that life exists on Earth does not imply that it must exist on other planets. There is no connection.

My thought is "we just don't know." The possibility is always there, but we don't have any proof.

It's also good to point out what "kind" of life we are talking about. Are we referring to very simply organisms? Or by "life" we mean organisms just as complex as human beings?
skorpion

Postby Moody » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:28 pm

skorpion wrote:
vince90 wrote:I would say yes. Since human and animal exist on earth, life must exist on other planets

This is a non sequitur. The fact that life exists on Earth does not imply that it must exist on other planets. There is no connection.

My thought is "we just don't know." The possibility is always there, but we don't have any proof.

It's also good to point out what "kind" of life we are talking about. Are we referring to very simply organisms? Or by "life" we mean organisms just as complex as human beings?

I agree with Skorpion and would further like to add that, scientifically every other day we are dicovering new life forms on planet earth, which previously are alien to us and their is great possibility to find more. Interesting question is we'll find more life forms, but will we ever be able to communicate with them too?? FIRST WHAT ABOUT COMMUNICATING BETWEEN EACH OTHER ???
Moody
Silver Member

alien does not exist

Postby baobao » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:07 pm

of course not..
baobao
Silver Member

Re: alien does not exist

Postby Moody » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:44 pm

baobao wrote:of course not..

Is this answere for communicating/ understanding each other OR for other alien life forms??
Moody
Silver Member

Re: Do you believe that alien life forms exist on other plan

Postby sure » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:22 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Do you believe that alien life forms exist on other planets?

probably...just basing on our existence here on planet earth, I have no other basis whatsoever.
sure
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion