EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Welcome Elham!

Postby behnam » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 am

Hi Elham,

It was very nice reading your post. Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us. I appreciate it. There is no doubt that this thread is your home, and you have got a sense of belonging. You are most welcome!

My first post in 2014 is addressed to you. I hope we will write to each other regularly.

Hope to here from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Hi Shahrbanu!

Postby behnam » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Sharbanu,

It is always nice reading your posts. You are a great friend and a kind sister. I do love your kindness and care. Thank you very much for reading and posting. Thank you once again for your positive words. I am proud of you.

Happy New Year to you and to your family! I wish you lasting happiness and success. I hope 2014 will bring happiness and prosperity to all people, specially to you.

I hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Hi Arman!

Postby behnam » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:05 am

Hi Arman,

Welcome to this thread and thank you so much for reading the posts and putting comments. Thank you once again for joining us. I hope we will help each other with practicing English through writing. Please do not hesitate to write in this thread. I am sure, my friends and I will welcome your posts with open arms. Please participate in discussion.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Dear friends,

The Islamic calendar is reckoned from the time of migration (Hijra) of Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) from Mecca to Madina. At the first night of Rabi al-Awwal, twelve years after the outset of his Divine Mission, the Holy Prophet migrated from Makkah to al-Madenah, This was considered as the starting point for Islamic year ,but it was changed to month of Moharam. Some people believe that this changing was happened at the time Ammar Khatab , and some people say that it was changed at the time of Bani Omaieh era .
I would like to congratulate my Muslim friends for coming of Rabi al-Awwal, I should say happy new year to people who use Islamic calendar.

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Elham Speaks Beautifully!

Postby behnam » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 am

Hi friends,

Last night I had an online English class with an American teacher on Skype. Actually, the accent of teacher was American, I am not sure about his nationality. He says he lives in America. Anyway, forget where he is from, that's not a big deal. At class time, I was chatting with Elham. I asked her to take part in the class and she kindly agreed.

It was great to be with Elham in a class. I really enjoyed it. Elham speaks English fluently, nicely, and beautifully. She has got a very beautiful accent. Her accent was better than the teacher's accent, that's to say, she speaks English like native speakers. To be honest, I felt jealous of her English! Elham was impressive, that is why I am impressed with her way of speaking English, and that is why I am writing these things(I might not write! {-: :lol: {-: ). I hope she will help me with speaking English.

My accent is not good. It is a bad mixture of Azerbaijani, Farsi, and British English! Sometimes, I record my voice and play it. I hate listening to my own voice. I speak like a robot. My voice isn't soft! What should I do? }: }: }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 5 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Moroo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi Elham

How are you, how is life treating you.

I like your last post so much specially world " LOVE ", love is everything in the world, who can live without love, without love we are robots.

Best of LOVE.
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby Moroo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Dear, Behnam and Amal

How are you Amal and how is beautiful Syria,

Sorry I stopped watching the news because as people we play a role in a story someone else put the scenario.

I read your post which you were talking about hejab as well as Behnam's reply.

I'm Muslim but I believe that hejab is NOT obligatory :!!:

Most of Muslims caring about how they and their families look ( hejab, beard, Jilbab,…etc) but they don't even think about the most important thinks which is inside not outside.

I learned from the countries who forced the people to do something that it makes the opposite result.

Sorry for my short posts because it's a little bit hard for me to write long sentences.

Happy new year to all my friends
Moroo
Silver Member

Postby Elham » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Dear Behnam,

That's very kind of you to write those compliments on my speaking. You've exaggerated about it. {-;

You know, I even don't remember when I had last spoken English. It was a long time I hadn't spoken. I was stressed If I can speak, but luckily I could put some words together and make some meaningful sentences. :lol:

My accent is good, I like it myself , but my knowledge of English is poor, good accent is worth nothing without being able to talk!

Your English is great. You can easily express yourself, your knowledge of English is really great.To be honest I'm jealous of your English.Your accent is not bad at all! It's not perfect but it's not bad.

And as we both know, what matters is English itself not accent. The first important thing while evaluating some one's English is his ability to makes right sentences and get his message across. Accent comes next. So we come into this conclusion that you are the winner {-;

By the way, I'd be so glad if we could come to a deal, what? To combine your great knowledge of English and my accent and make sth PERFECT. Deal?

All the best
Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Let's judge after carefully considering the facts!

Postby behnam » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Moroo wrote:I learned from the countries who forced the people to do something that it makes the opposite result.

Hi Moroo,

It is nice hearing from you. Thank you very much for following us.

I wish you had written clearly which countries force people to wear Hejab, and what is meant by 'opposite result'.

Moroo wrote:Most of Muslims caring about how they and their families look ( hejab, beard, Jilbab,…etc) but they don't even think about the most important thinks which is inside not outside.

What is that important thing inside? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortunately, Hejab is clearly stated in the holy Koran; [نور/31], [احزاب/59], [نور/30], [احزاب/53].
What people do or believe cannot change the opinion of God about something. When it comes to making decision about important matters, God isn't democratic. He doesn't care about the nature or the habit of people. If all people in the world get naked and support nudism God will not change His opinion about Hejab!

I respect your views and other friends' views, but we have to take everything into consideration before making our judgement. We have to carefully consider the facts. For example, we have to think about these questions: 1) What has caused some people to get interested in gay marriage? 2) Where is the origin of HIV and what makes it epidemic in the world? 3) What destroys or threatens the foundation of families in all nations? 4) We(men and women) are human beings, why do women have a tendency to put their bodies on display? 5) Who makes decision about the amount of body someone can put on show? 6) What are the negative and the positive sides of nudism?

I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 5 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

I do agree with your suggestion!

Postby behnam » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Elham wrote:I'd be so glad if we could come to a deal, what? To combine your great knowledge of English and my accent and make sth PERFECT. Deal?

Hi Elham,

Many thanks for being complimentary about my English knowledge. That's very kind of you to say good things about my English. I welcome your suggestion with open arms. That's very generous of you to offer the deal I am looking for. Thank you very much indeed.

I am very much interested in making the deal you have announced. I am ready to sign it if you are serious. This is a golden opportunity for me, and I know such opportunities seldom knock the door twice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 5 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion