Which laptop should I buy?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

What's the best laptop computer I can buy with $ 990?

Toshiba
20%
Dell
60%
Hp
20%
Acer
No votes
LG
No votes
Fujitsu Siemens
No votes

Total votes: 5

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Which laptop should I buy?

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

I work on my copmuter alot and I want something dependable and efficient.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I know nothing about Laptops, but if I should have to choose from those to my self. I would choose Dell.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:I know nothing about Laptops, but if I should have to choose from those to my self. I would choose Dell.
Didn't you hear Dell has some laptops that were exploded because of the battery? Dell is good, but you have to choose the model carefully or you'll end up with a house in fire.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I know nothing about explosive laptops. Actually until there is no available a laptop without operating system. I don't buy any. I also don't want anything that have ugly Windows sticker somewhere..
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:roll: You just have to pull me away from my work with this post, don't you? Let me find the articles for you.
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

I bought a new laptop about a month ago, its a Lenovo (IBM) and im very happy with it. If you wish you can buy my old one, its a DELL Lattitude..only 5 years old... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Lenovo is surely best choice, since as much I know. IBM laptops have best support of Linux.. Maybe only OLPC have better Linux support, but that can't buy anyway.. and I read somewhere, that they will start offering also windows for it ..in USA.
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Hardi wrote:Lenovo is surely best choice, since as much I know. IBM laptops have best support of Linux.. Maybe only OLPC have better Linux support, but that can't buy anyway.. and I read somewhere, that they will start offering also windows for it ..in USA.

My lenovo has XP Pro and runs great, I have 1gb DDRAM and I will upgrade the processor next year. All in all I have no complaints about it. It is exactly what I asked for.
BadStudent

Re: Which laptop should I buy?

Post by BadStudent »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:I work on my copmuter alot and I want something dependable and efficient.
dependable and efficient? try Orca Exstreme 9191 :wink:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Butler wrote:I bought a new laptop about a month ago, its a Lenovo (IBM) and im very happy with it. If you wish you can buy my old one, its a DELL Lattitude..only 5 years old... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I almost could buy it with very cheap price, I sometime, rare need one.. but yet there is a psychological obstacle. Not that it's old and not modern enough or something. I buy all the time used cheap computers parts.. But on that case, those parts I buy, are anonymous. I don't know whom they belonged before. But in this case, If I think what all conversations you may be have had via it, to all your women, to Dixie... ewww I don't want touch anything so intimate of yours.. even if it's free or something.. I'm... I'm Sorry. I feel sick now... I'm really so sorry. :oops: :oops:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Hardi wrote:
Butler wrote:I bought a new laptop about a month ago, its a Lenovo (IBM) and im very happy with it. If you wish you can buy my old one, its a DELL Lattitude..only 5 years old... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I almost could buy it with very cheap price, I sometime, rare need one.. but yet there is a psychological obstacle. Not that it's old and not modern enough or something. I buy all the time used cheap computers parts.. But on that case, those parts I buy, are anonymous. I don't know whom they belonged before. But in this case, If I think what all conversations you may be have had via it, to all your women, to Dixie... ewww I don't want touch anything so intimate of yours.. even if it's free or something.. I'm... I'm Sorry. I feel sick now... I'm really so sorry. :oops: :oops:

MEMO to Hardi: Seek professional help...FAST!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Could u recommend me some professional who can help?

Although I'm not sure if I want to use same professional as Butler :lol: :lol:

PS: Don't I have right, when say that Laptop is too intimate thing to.. I allways feel uncomfortable when must use someones else computer. If to think about, it's worse than to wear someones else underwears. Cos Underwears are just something to cower something intimate and keep warmth, but Laptop is almost like a piece of youself itself.. not that it also couldn't be used also for cowering and for warmth but..
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Hmmmmmmmm! Let me think about it! :roll:
Hardi wrote: PS: Don't I have right, when say that Laptop is too intimate thing to.. I allways feel uncomfortable when must use someones else computer. If to think about, it's worse than to wear someones else underwears. Cos Underwears are just something to cower something intimate and keep warmth, but Laptop is almost like a piece of youself itself.. not that it also couldn't be used also for cowering and for warmth but..
No deal man! Forget it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Butler wrote:
Hardi wrote:Lenovo is surely best choice, since as much I know. IBM laptops have best support of Linux.. Maybe only OLPC have better Linux support, but that can't buy anyway.. and I read somewhere, that they will start offering also windows for it ..in USA.

My lenovo has XP Pro and runs great, I have 1gb DDRAM and I will upgrade the processor next year. All in all I have no complaints about it. It is exactly what I asked for.
1gb DDRAM! WoW! :o
So, Lenovo, eh! I should give it a look! Thanks.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

BadStudent wrote:
Miss. Ladybird wrote:I work on my copmuter alot and I want something dependable and efficient.
dependable and efficient? try Orca Exstreme 9191 :wink:
The PRICES are crazy!
http://www.compamerica.com/mobilstar/pr ... 100/#price
I can't afford that. Thanks anyway :wink:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:
Butler wrote:

1gb DDRAM! WoW! :o
So, Lenovo, eh! I should give it a look! Thanks.

To be fair, it came with 512 DDRAM and I persuaded them to give me another 512 free of charge..cheeky me..but if you dont ask you dont get.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Butler wrote:To be fair, it came with 512 DDRAM and I persuaded them to give me another 512 free of charge..cheeky me..but if you dont ask you dont get.
Boy! :shock: I should "ask" you to come with me the next time! :wink:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:
Butler wrote:To be fair, it came with 512 DDRAM and I persuaded them to give me another 512 free of charge..cheeky me..but if you dont ask you dont get.
Boy! :shock: I should "ask" you to come with me the next time! :wink:

Yes you should, my cheekiness surprises most shopkeepers here, they are not used to someone asking for a little extra... :lol: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Butler wrote: my cheekiness surprises most shopkeepers here, they are not used to someone asking for a little extra... :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: OMD you're just like my mother! She does the same and embarrasses me!
webnss

Post by webnss »

Hey, man. Why didn't you add macbook to this list? Dell is not a bad option, but I like the performance of the Acer laptop better, especially the gaming version.
Ricch

Post by Ricch »

Hello there,
@webnss I think MAC were not in that much limelight as they were invented a year ago at that time when it was posted (2007).
But yes I do agree with the Acer one for gaming it works best as a gamer.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

webnss wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:15 pm Hey, man. Why didn't you add macbook to this list? Dell is not a bad option, but I like the performance of the Acer laptop better, especially the gaming version.
Macbooks are expensive and only serve a real purpose for those heavily involved in multimedia.

Lenovo is a solid make that I have used for years. Although the build of a laptop solely depends on what you need it for.
trendyuser

Post by trendyuser »

Let's say so, if you have money then buy a new HP and you won't meet any problems, also dell is very good , but never toshiba,it's a chinesse s*it.
Jemigax

Post by Jemigax »

I think in choosing a laptop you should pay attention to the processor memory, etc. still I do not recommend toshiba and dell.
Ирландец никогда не бывает пьян до тех пор, пока он может держаться за одну травинку, чтобы не упасть с земли.