One Down, Two to Go

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

One Down, Two to Go

Post by SitangCampus »

It is the reaction of Congresswoman Elise Stefanik on knowing that University of Pennsyvania President Liz McGill resigned for her ambiguous answer to the question of anti-semitism.

I believe that the politician is threatening the lives of the other two females, who are presidents of Harvard and MIT respectively.

The freedom of speech in the USA we admire so much, where is it now? Now the country looks much uglier than the rogue countries it once strongly criticizes.
BrianStapleton

Re: One Down, Two to Go

Post by BrianStapleton »

The percentage of Americans who believe in free speech is smaller with each year and it is lowest among young college educated Americans.

Worst of all, those who claim to support free speech will demand those they disagree with are censored and punished. They all have an Overton Window.
I teach 1-hour English classes online and correct essays with comments. Classes are ongoing, weekly, and flexible.
Contact me via private message to schedule a class.

https://youtube.com/@brianstapleton5148?feature=shared
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: One Down, Two to Go

Post by SitangCampus »

It makes a person in his good sense uncomfortable to see a politician is yelling to three respectable university presidents as if a trainer is dressing down a beast in a training session of a circus. Earlier in our country the same phenomena happened, where teachers were insulted by their students on campus, with a wood sign placed on the neck, or beaten by the belts that are used to fasten the pants, or smeared on the face with ink or cooking pot ash. This is the humanity tragedy, we do not like it to occur again, so it is necessary for us to call for a halt when it shows itself, however small it may be.