Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

stop killing dolphins in Japan!

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello :)

In this thread of mine I would like to ask you what do you know/think about brutal killing of dolphins in Japan?

We all know dolphins are totally intelligent animals and here below you can read a letter of complaint how badly and cruelly they are treated in Japan :(.

Express your views, please :)
Join people who want to improve dolphins' fate.

Stop the dolphin and whale killings in Taiji

LM
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Killing living things for no good reasons is unacceptable!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

bambang wrote:Killing living things for no good reasons is unacceptable!
Is that irony? :roll:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: stop killing dolphins in Japan!

Post by Tora »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello :)

In this thread of mine I would like to ask you what do you know/think about brutal killing of dolphins in Japan?

We all know dolphins are totally intelligent animals and here below you can read a letter of complaint how badly and cruelly they are treated in Japan :(.

Express your views, please :)
Join people who want to improve dolphins' fate.

Stop the dolphin and whale killings in Taiji

LM
Absolutely inhuman acts of violence :evil: This is what I told in "resumption of whale hunting" topic
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello,

here I am putting to you a very BRUTAL movie about how Japanese people treat dolphins.
Take care cause the movie is very brutal, indeed :(

Dolphin massacre in Japan

Help Japanese dolphins signing the petition!
Yours faithfully,
LM
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote:Killing living things for no good reasons is unacceptable!
Is that irony? :roll:
It really is. :roll:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Thank you, Hardi. This is the method of dolphin's slaughter I read in your link about
When a pod of dolphins has been spotted, they're driven into a bay by the fishermen while banging on metal rods in the water to scare and confuse the dolphins. When the dolphins are in the bay, it is quickly closed off with nets so the dolphins cannot escape. The dolphins are usually not caught and killed immediately, but instead left to calm down over night. The following day, the dolphins are caught one by one and killed. The killing of the animals used to be done by slitting their throats which resulted in a long and painful death for the dolphin, but the Japanese government banned this method and now dolphins may officially only be killed by driving a metal pin into the neck of the dolphin, which causes them to die within seconds
The Japanese government knows how to make the slaughter to look more "human" :evil: I can't even imagine people doing it as a job
I'm a bit puzzled what can cause irony here...
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

When I was kid and went to fishing. We used to kill fish that we caught by prick knife into their brain from nape. We thought this way it's less painful to fish. They die quick. Usually fisherman don't do it, because they want fish stay fresh as long as possible. Why people(Including my self) get emotional about killing dolphins? Is it only because they look beautiful and are Intelligent? Does Intelligent and elegant lifeforms suffer more, or feel deeper pain when they get killed? It's so unrational and stupid to feel sorry of dolphins and not to care about rest of thousands creatures that get killed every year. Do I'm an idiot?

Actually the fact that there are factories, machines and people who's job is killing, have always scared and puzzled me. These meat factories with killing conveyors. My god how inhuman the human build world is. People drying to hide it behind of scene by covering it to tent like dolphin killers, or pass killing job over to automatic machines like chicken meat factories, but it's still horrible.. most fearful and curel is to think that the job have been pass over to emotion free machines.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Let me also stick to this point, some time ago I watched a program about chicken meat factory or a farm. The process of supplying citizens with chicken meat and eggs is unexpectedly cruel as it seems from the first sight. The chickens are kept in small cages for their whole life where they can't even turn around, are fed there and sleep there laying eggs, when the time comes a person fixes them on a hook with the clutch and a machine cuts theit heads off, one by one, like posting stamps on a mail...

I supposed we should already get used to such a fact, chicken are really stupid creatures and people eat them, such as life... but still I can't reconcile with this idea. So when it comes to mammals like elephants, whales and dolphins? Dolphins are used as a therapy for ill kids, they do have brain to make all those tricks... well, as far as I can't imagine that there is some reason for eating dogs and cats I will never define eating a dolphin or a whale as reasonable also :roll:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

It is no good killing animals.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hello :)

Post by Krisi »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello,

here I am putting to you a very BRUTAL movie about how Japanese people treat dolphins.
Take care cause the movie is very brutal, indeed :(

Dolphin massacre in Japan

Help Japanese dolphins signing the petition!
Yours faithfully,
LM
This is heart breaking! :(
hunghn

Post by hunghn »

Human has reasoning but animals hasn't? I thinks it's wrong.all the animals have brain. they feel,think and... on their own way . just see them, you will realize how they are intelligent.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

OMG what is happening with people??? :shock: :shock: :shock: ,y we r so cruel??STOP killing animals :evil: :evil: .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

So cruel, too cruel........ :cry: :cry:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

denvinbo wrote:So cruel, too cruel........ :cry: :cry:
on the contrary, I think there is also a need to dispose some of these animals because they'll become a threat to us one day... the soaring prices of food is already becoming a big problem... if we share our fish with these huge animals what do you think will be left for us? :roll:

When there was extreme scarcity of food in the olden times the people survived from fish... how will we survive now if we we will nurture all these huge creatures?
esl member since 2007
zshuangyong

Post by zshuangyong »

Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:So cruel, too cruel........ :cry: :cry:
on the contrary, I think there is also a need to dispose some of these animals because they'll become a threat to us one day... the soaring prices of food is already becoming a big problem... if we share our fish with these huge animals what do you think will be left for us? :roll:

When there was extreme scarcity of food in the olden times the people survived from fish... how will we survive now if we we will nurture all these huge creatures?
if we share our fish with these huge animals what do you think will be left for us? :-D I agree
lasjuanas

Post by lasjuanas »

:-( I think this situation is horrible!!! I couldn't believe it when i saw it because i dont understand how people can kill the dolphins... They are so sweet and defensless, PLEASE stop kill them...
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Good topic. thanks for sharing. we should save animals life.