Just say no to emotionacons and abbreviations.

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Nanoose

Just say no to emotionacons and abbreviations.

Post by Nanoose »

At the risk of sounding like a braggart - if I had a nickel for ever LOL that I have received in cyber space I would be a very wealthy man.
But I would trade it all away for a couple of well constructed sentences that include things like dude you crack me up or stop it your killing me.
Actually my whole point of this post is I figure that a way of improving English skills is to just say no to abbreviations and emotionacons and find the words instead. Cheers!

Ps: I was probably exaggerating when I said that I would be a very wealthy man if I received a nickel for every LOL I received in cyber space. - actually I would probably just be comfortable
vodkaphix

Re: Just say no to emotionacons and abbreviations.

Post by vodkaphix »

I agree with this to some extent. This is a forum where people want to learn English language But also some of the members are still only young and so it is far to easy for them to write abbreviations and 'sms text' if they know it.
Maybe we as adults can ignore it, rather than get upset about it!
But the POINT is:
This is place of English Language NOT sms text or lazy word spelling guys! ok?
If you know sms text, then that is ok in the right place, but some people on here will not understand it especially if they are not from your country. They may then make mistakes in learning English!
Examples:
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
YA = You
HW = How
L8 = Late.

So please consider others. Thank you.