manar

the traditions in my beloved country

Post by manar »

hello my dear friends,
as we know every country has its own traditions,
some r good and others rnot,
what among them u like and what u donot?tell us about ur country :-D

i will start,
in my country ,i very much love the traditions that take place among fistivals espicially visiting relatives from the early mourning of that celebrated day {-:

and i donnot like the food served in such visiting }: it add some extra kiloes to my weight :cry:
now u tell us :-P
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: the traditions in my beloved country

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

In my country, Catalonia, we have many days to celebrate something.
The two most important are the National Day and the day of the book and the rose (Sant Jordi / Saint George).
In the National Day we remember our country was defeated in September, 11th, 1714 by a coalition of Castilian and French troops. That day we loss our freedom, our Parliament and sovereignty and the right of speak our own language. Today Spain still treats us like a colony of his property.
Saint George's day is a very beautiful festivity. In that day men give a rose as a present to women, and women give a book to men.
During the year there are more festivities, principally in summer time and related with the ancient cult to the fire.
There are many traditions as well.
Do you know the human castles? look for human castles in google images.
The Sant Joan (Saint John)'s magic night. The magical night of the fire. Where the fireworks are presents in all villages and towns all night long.
If you want more details, I'll be happy to inform you.
manar

Post by manar »

hi my friend,
congratulations for getting ur freedom and i hope the same for all the colonies in our peaceful earth.ArnauEstanyol,i really interested the information u gave about ur country,i more interested ur enthusiasm in explaining it,i am really proud of u and of course i am waiting for more.
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

manar wrote:hi my friend,
congratulations for getting ur freedom.
No. You're wrong. You have misunderstood my words. (or I'm not able to express correctly) My country still is under the Spain domination. I agree that Spain is "apparently" a democratic country. But not. Spain makes his own laws and many times these laws are made for take unfair advantage on Catalans. Every day Spain takes away from Catalonia 60.000.000 euros that they not returns, and they invest in big airports and motorways in territories where the economical structure doesn't exist. In other words: Spain prefers throw the money before invest in catalan territory.
Well.... what about your country?.
manar

Post by manar »

hello my friend,i am sorry for missing understand u,and i really hope that u soon celebrate ur freedom.
Ok,wanted to know about my country,
YEMEN is one of the oldest centers of civilization in the Near East ,it suffered a painful sebaration between its two parts the southern and the northern parts,but 20 years ago it could comeover every obstucle in its way and the result was the blessd union of yemen,it also sufferd the british colonization in the southern part but at 30 nov 1967 yemenies could get back their freedom.those two events are celebrated in my country every year,and yemen is also known as "THE HAPPY YEMEN".Recently and unfortunately some terror movements try to trouble its peace,but i am sure that with blessing of God and the well power of yemenies we can stand before such spiteful actions and our beloved country will be HAPPY for ever.
if u r thinking in visiting yemen ,be sure that u will breathe the great history in each corner of it,starting from the great dom of shiba,the amazing city of jibla,the old sanaa buildings,the great palace of saioon,coming to aden the town of art and tact.
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Thanks for the information you give me so kindly about your country.
I like very much travel and visit and know other cultures and countries. And I would like visit Yemen. I think it would be a very good experience. But, you know, the same history of most people: I have not money. If I was a rich man, I would be travelling all life long. But, unfortunately it is not my case.
Anyway we have google earth to know deeper. Although the best is read your explanations. {-:
manar

Post by manar »

hii ArnauEsttanyol,
thanks for what u say,and u r welcome in yemen.Be sure friend that it is we who make our future and determine what we will be,
so start sowing rightnow and soon u will get the satisfacation u want,
(i hope u get it ;-) )
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Thanks manar.
I hope you too.
What country would you like visit? Have you a favourite one?
One of the most favourite for me is Egypt. I like the ancient history from that sacred land.
Other that I would like visit is Italy. Rome and Pompey...
The Eastern countries... The high mountains of Himalayas... China... Japan.... Africa.... YEMEN {-:
Anyway. I would like spend all my time travelling around the world, as I said.
Do you know that song it says dream, dreaammm Ok. There are many songs it says "dream". As you like. Choose what it likes you.
Yeah, only are dreams.
manar

Post by manar »

hi ArnauEstanyol,
i still donnot like the tone of pessimism in ur speech,be optimistic and try to turn ur dreams to a touchable reality :-D
well, first i want to visit KSA for doing pilgrimage,
but the place i really wish to visit is london,kuz i want to know the culture, in which my favourites poets and novalists such as jane austen,charlott brontie and many others ,have lived and left their great impact in the world of literature.i wish also to visit Rome,france and ofcourse CATALONIA :lol:
be in touch my friend and have nice life.
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Oh no. Pessimism no. I would say it's reality.
I think you are single. But I'm married with children. I chose this way in my life, and I'm very happy with my family. But having a family, you know, is a responsibility and it cost much money. So, I had have to take a decision: or family or spend my money in other things like travel, etc.
It's for that I say "dream" when I speak about that issue.
A dream that can be a reality if circumstances change.