Need help till March 1. Please...

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

uzbekmuslim

Need help till March 1. Please...

Post by uzbekmuslim »

Hello everybody!
I'm new here. My name is Samariddin and I'm the student of Termiz State University, Uzbekistan.
My English teacher at the university gave each of us task, and we're to get them done till March 1, 2008. We're to get prepared to speak for 80 minutes on our topic. My topic is: "Internet". I'm expected to show all my creativeness by using what ever I can to make my speech interesting. Basically, I'm to teach everybody in the class about internet.
Please help me make my speech the best one in the class. Please, give me ideas on how I should have my speech so that it would earn me excellent scores!
Thank you all beforehand!
Samariddin from Uzbekistan
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Need help till March 1. Please...

Post by Dixie »

Hi Samariddin,

80 minutes is A LOT! Are you doing this paper on your own, or with some partner?

Are you required to use any materials of your own? Like a laptop, for instance? Or are you just going to talk? Because, if you are going to talk for 80 minutes, I assure you, your audience will get easily bored soon. They won't listen to you for the whole 80 minutes. You must think of ideas to catch their attention constantly and not let them get bored.

"The internet" can be a very broad topic. I think you can fill in the 80 minutes but you will need a laptop and a projector to make your lecture. Do you have one? Can you bring it to class?

My goodness, I am still thrilled, 80 minutes! My students are required to make a presentation about a topic of their choice, in pairs, and I gave them only 20 minutes! Maybe I am too generous? :roll:
uzbekmuslim

Post by uzbekmuslim »

Hi! Thank you for your reply!
No, I'm not going to just talk for all the 80 minutes. I've to prepare materials to use during the calass, different games and quizes... I'm working individually, not with a partner.
No, I don't have a laptop to bring along, if I did I would make a great presentation on PowerPoint. :(
During my 80 minutes I do whatever I want to make my presentation interesting: some kinds of games, working with the group, acting...
Thanx for the idea, but I don't have a laptop...
Dixie wrote:Hi Samariddin,

80 minutes is A LOT! Are you doing this paper on your own, or with some partner?..
Raven

Post by Raven »

Hi.....Samariddin, :D

there are many topics you can talk about for inctance,,,you can talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the internet..............
so ,,,I hope that this will help you

have anice day
uzbekmuslim

Post by uzbekmuslim »

Hello! Thank you very much, Raven!
Raven wrote:Hi.....Samariddin, :D

there are many topics you can talk about for inctance,,,you can talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the internet..............
so ,,,I hope that this will help you

have anice day