How can I stop caffeine addiction ?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

ATIFIREHAWK

How can I stop caffeine addiction ?

Post by ATIFIREHAWK »

When I was five years old , I began to start drinking Coca-Cola and My family and I don't know It have caffeine that My family prohibited children to drink anythin that have caffeine.
I drank a bottle of coke everyday and increase it gradually until I drink three bottle per day when I was fifteen . Then I got some problem that is little insomnia .
Sometime I can't slept until 3.00 am and sometime until morning , however I can't found why I can slept .
When I freshy in university I found some article about caffaeine in some soft drink that included coca -cola .I already knew why I can't slept.
I began quieting any caffeine drink many times but can't quiet over a week .
Anyone have any idea how to stop it ?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Wow sounds like a big problem... Why don't you just try to quit? :roll:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

try to get addicted to coffee - it's times better that the beverage they sell calling it coca-cola 8)
ATIFIREHAWK

Post by ATIFIREHAWK »

Dixie wrote:Wow sounds like a big problem... Why don't you just try to quit? :roll:
I tried to quit many times , but when I wanted to drink some soft drink ;sometime I've got headache ; sometime my mind recited aloud " try some coffee ? try some any green tea ? or any Coca cola " and I can't resisted it .
Tora wrote:try to get addicted to coffee - it's times better that the beverage they sell calling it coca-cola
I forgot to give some information about I tried to drink another caffine drink and try to grudually reduce it , but I can't stoped to reduce it .
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I have never thought about if I'm addicted to caffeine or not - I drink coffee and green tea in huge amounts but have never felt so bad to have insomnia or something - jesus, I'm really sorry for you :(
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

My bf is addicted to coffee. He has up to three glasses (not cups) a day. One day, he decided he should reduce the amount of coffee he had, so he just stopped drinking coffee. Two days passed, and he had such a big headache that he prepared himself a coffee... and the headache was gone!

I think that might be a problem too...
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:My bf is addicted to coffee. He has up to three glasses (not cups) a day. One day, he decided he should reduce the amount of coffee he had, so he just stopped drinking coffee. Two days passed, and he had such a big headache that he prepared himself a coffee... and the headache was gone!

I think that might be a problem too...
:shock: oops... I have never thought of spending a day without coffee - my ordinary cup (also not small coffee cups but glasses) in the morning and one in the evening... and a couple during the university day in order not to go mad... is it really bad? :(
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Try to spend a whole day without coffee :D
ATIFIREHAWK

Post by ATIFIREHAWK »

Tonight, I can't sleep again .
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

ATIFIREHAWK wrote:Tonight, I can't sleep again .
It also can be caused by your sitting before the monitor for too long - it happens to me, or because you have slept for too long in the morning!
don't panic!
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I have the same addiction as Dixie's b/f.. I can drink more than 3 glasses ( no cups) of coffee a day!!! My brother, who is a doctor always gets mad at me because of that, and I've been doign that maybe for 6 years.. I can feel is affecting me now 'cause I'm too nervous, and I don't calm down until I drink coffee ( wow, I'm embarrassed :oops: )