Travel Anecdotes

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

YEA!!!!!!!!

We've reached the second milestone!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Jimmy, I liked your story. Now I have questions,
Did you make it up? Is the Thai food that hot? If you made the story up, you have a great imagination then. The last part was my favorite. Very funny. :lol:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote:I am always wondering why you need a MS WORD? :? you can type in your words directly from the input frame(?) of this forum... :roll:
To tell you the truth, I don't know why but when I sit in front of Word, I can write.
violet wrote:Though I don't understand a lot of words in this tory ...
Violet, if you don't understand something, just ask me. I'll try my best to explain it to you! :D
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee wrote:Jimmy, I liked your story. Now I have questions,
Did you make it up? Is the Thai food that hot? If you made the story up, you have a great imagination then. The last part was my favorite. Very funny. :lol:
Thai food is notorious for being spicy. Of course, that doesn't mean all of it is hot. The first time I tried Thai cuisine was when I went to Bangkok. Mmmmmmm......

The story is fictional. When have you heard of someone eating food and being thrown forward?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

The Katoey and I

I hope to see you in the morning, Jim,” Bob said as the morning sun rose above the Thai horizon.

Same here. You have yourself a good night,” I bade Bob as I retired to my room.

Khao San was not my place. Although cheap rooms, cheap eats, and pretty much cheap everything else was abundant, I just couldn’t get used to seeing more foreigners than Thais on what is supposed to be a Thai dominated street. That defeated the whole idea of traveling to Thailand.

I, genuinely, did want to hang out with Bob the next morning but when I woke, he was no where to be found. I didn’t want to disturb him by knocking on his door and I did not want to hinder my stay any longer so I left Khao San and all the backpackers behind, depriving them of my presence.

I found refuge on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 13, at the Miami Hotel and frequented a bar called B-52 for its laid back atmosphere. B-52 was located roughly four blocks east of the Miami Hotel on Sukhumvit Road and between the two is a bar which houses a katoey.

Katoeys are ladyboys and are fairly well known and accepted in Thailand. I have nothing against them but it somehow scares me to know that a man would want to get into the same bed with me. No matter how feminine he looked, the thought just left me appalled.

I would walk by this bar everyday on my way to B-52 and for some odd reason, the katoey would always see me and try to get me to patronize her bar. She was short, but bulky. Bulkier than me, anyway, and it always took a lot of effort on my part to shake her off. Mind you, I would be frozen in fear as I was doing so.

One day, I made plans with Yupa (the owner’s sister of B-52) to go shopping. I scurried alongside Yupa with my head held high, confident that if the katoey saw me, she would at least give some respect to Yupa and leave us alone. But just before we reached the katoey’s bar, Yupa said she forgot something and immediately went back. I stood there, paralyzed - unable to stop shaking - sweat forming on my hands faster than mice mating. Then it came. My most dreaded fear - the katoey.

She was very aggressive this time. She grabbed me by the arm with so much force that I swear she dislodged it from its socket. She, then, pulled the arm into her bar with the owner of the arm following close behind. I tried to desperately tell her that I was with another girl (Thais are of the extremely jealous kind, if they know you have a girl with you, they will leave you alone). Still, the katoey pushed me onto a chair and had one hand on my shoulder to keep me in place. I have never felt more helpless and vulnerable in life as I cowered on that chair - tears streaming - for fear of what was going to happen.

It was at that time I saw my guardian angel observing the area where she left me. My hope of freedom was rekindled. I screamed out her name but did it in a silent way for I did not want to cause a commotion which, in turn, will cause the katoey to lose face. A big no-no in Thailand. Yupa peered into the bar, scrunched up her face, and strutted off. My heart sank as my heroine left me to my own demise.

The katoey, having witnessed Yupa’s obvious anger, reluctantly released me. I was free!!! I jolted out of the bar and caught up with Yupa, who had a disgusted look on her face. I explained to her that it was not my fault for being such a dashing and charming individual. With that aside, I felt satisfied. I escaped death. I even reached down to make sure I didn’t pee in my pants!

Yupa and I in Bangkok's chinatown.
Last edited by Unknownsu on Sat May 07, 2005 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I loved your story, Jimmy. Too bad that it was not too long.
I just loved these parts: :lol:
Unknownsu wrote:I, genuinely, did want to hang out with Bob the next morning but when I woke, he was no where to be found. I didn’t want to disturb him by knocking on his door and I did not want to hinder my stay any longer so I left Khao San and all the backpackers behind, depriving them of my presence.

She was very aggressive this time. She grabbed me by the arm with so much force that I swear she dislodged it from its socket. She, then, pulled the arm into her bar with the owner of the arm following close behind. I tried to desperately tell her that I was with another girl (Thais are of the extremely jealous kind, if they know you have a girl with you, they will leave you alone). Still, the katoey pushed me onto a chair and had one hand on my shoulder to keep me in place. I have never felt more helpless and vulnerable in life.

The katoey, having witnessed Yupa’s obvious anger, reluctantly released me. I was free!!! I jolted out of the bar and caught up with Yupa, who had a disgusted look on her face. I explained to her that it was not my fault for being such a dashing and charming individual. With that aside, I felt satisfied. I escaped death. I even reached down and made sure I didn’t pee in my pants!
-Why didn't you tell the Katoey to get lost since the very beginning? Oh, I forgot you are just so nice and incapable to do such a thing, right? :roll:

-Depriving them of your presence? jajajaja So humble!!

-You liar! I'm sure your pants were all wet! Gross! I swear you are such a coward. :mrgreen:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee wrote:Why didn't you tell the Katoey to get lost since the very beginning? Oh, I forgot you are just so nice and incapable to do such a thing, right?
It's not that I'm too nice, I just didn't want to get my ass whooped! Like all other Asians, Thais attach a great deal of importance to the concept of "face", which involves gaining, preserving and enhancing respect and status. If you make a Thai "lose face", you're asking for an ass whooping of a lifetime!

I know, depriving all those Thais and backpackers was not my intention. Everyone deserves a bit of Jimmy every once in a while! :oops:

And I am a coward.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

By the way, the sentences that you like, they were last minute additions. The original story was actually quite boring.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:By the way, the sentences that you like, they were last minute additions. The original story was actually quite boring.
Really? Well, it doesn’t matter if they were added in the last minute. They were great! Good job! ;)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Where have you been Violet? We missed you! Well, I did, Lalee probably didn't because she's cold-hearted. But anyhow, where did you go? Are you going to tell a story because you were "writing all night long"?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Cold-hearted? You are unbelievable!! Do you want me to be cold-hearted? Ok, I will! :twisted:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Lalee dear, you are going off-topic. Do you want me to ban you forever?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:Lalee dear, you are going off-topic. Do you want me to ban you forever?
Look who's talking!!!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote: I swear the circumstances in above sentences did not really happen, but they are lively in describing the fact. :)
What do you call this writing method in grammar?
I don't know what's it's called. Creativity? :P Umm...Exaggeration? :roll: Perfection? :mrgreen:
violet wrote:I like this story. It has a very attractive suspense at the beginning. Unfortunately, nothing special happened in the end. :( :mrgreen:
How did you want the story to turn out, Violet???? You are so mean!!!!!!!!

Come back soon, Violet! And you better have a story when you come back!!!!!!!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Violet wrote:I think Lalee maybe cold-hearted to Jimmy, but she can't be that cruel to me. :oops: :mrgreen:
Violet, you know she is cruel to me, too, huh?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

violet wrote:heyyyyyyyyy, are you fighting for me??? :oops: :oops:

I think Lalee maybe cold-hearted to Jimmy, but she can't be that cruel to me. :oops: :mrgreen:
Yeah, Violet. I would never be mean to you.
I hope you have a great time with your dad.
We'll miss you too. :cry:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Welcome back, Violet.
Yeah, I know. Jimmy is depraving us of his great stories.
Anyhow, I hope to see you posting your stories here soon. :)
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

What happened after that?
Mr Wolf and you falled in love?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

What is a bird pie? Can you eat it? :P Here, we call them magpies. :D

So did you and Mr. Wolf end up falling in love? :roll:

Good start, Violet. Hurry up and continue!!!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Why don't these things happen to me? Never have a beautiful girl approach me to play cards before. Sigh...

Violet, doesn't "wolf" represent a pervert in Chinese? Maybe that is why your colleagues call him that, you think? :roll:

Good work, Violet, I'm waiting for part three! :mrgreen:

Oh, btw, Violet, a magpie is also known as a pie so you didn't make a mistake in your first part.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote:Dear Unknownsu, there was never a beautiful girl approach you to play cards, but a lot of girls wanted to play other games with you. Right? ;)
Hahaha, that's so true, Violet! How did you know? ;)

Don't be so lazy, Violet, start writing!
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

violet wrote:Mr. Wolf’s face was brightened at once like a Christmas tree at seeing the girl.
Hey, Violet. I really loved that part. Good comparison. I'm waiting for the third part, too! ;)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

VIOLET!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Oh, Violet. I'm sorry to hear that about your daughter. I hope she's ok now. I hope to read the third part soon! ;)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

violet wrote:Thank you Lalee, thank you Unknownsu. :)
I'm sorry, I haven't written the third part. I was very busy in the past weeks, every night I was tired :cry: . In the meantime, my daughter was ill, and my computer didn't work well. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The computer is better now, I hope to finish the story soon. :)

See you tomorrow.
All I see are excuses, Violet! You better hurry up or I won't visit you anymore! I hope Fairy is feeling better now. 8)
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Violet,

I hope your baby is fin now and your computer too. I have had some problemas at home too, and I´d like to share my stories and a poem with all of you, but I´m so bussy and I need to do the translation. But you should be sure that I post my work some day.
If I post something I would tell you in a PM. Ok :wink:

Unknownsu: When youre going to writte another anecdote?
Where is Essie?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Elba, I didn't know you were reading the stories in this thread. I would be most pleased if you could translate your stories and post them. I am a bit busy these days but hopefully, I will be able to write again soon.

Oh, and Essie is on Mars.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

oh Unknownsu,

I think it would be better to post my stories at "creative writting", I think I will post a poem. When I will do it I send you a PM Ok.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Anything you want, my dear, Elba, anything you want.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

God, I'm getting sick!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

You should take some medicine then.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote:You should take some medicine then.
I thought that you'd given me your word last night. :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

You have got to be kidding, right? Right?????
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I'm not kidding. Last night you said; "I promise, I promise"
Did you forget already? God, I'm so gullible.
I won't believe any damn word that comes out of your trap again!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

You are indeed feisty. I am keeping my promise. I guess you just don't know me as well as you say.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Unknownsu wrote: Anything you want, my dear, Elba, anything you want.
And what do you call that, huh?
I call it; "flirting"!!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

How's that flirting? I'm so old I could be Elba's great grandfather!