Ural and Alrai mountains

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ural and Alrai mountains

Post by LadyMacbeth »

hi:)
I would like to present to you a very fine new webside about Ural mountains in Siberia (Russia).
It is a new, very interesting webside full of beautiful pictures. Soon I will write about ural in my blog.
Ural in Siberia

Well, Alrai mountains are situated on the border of Russia, Kazachstan, Mongolia and China.
Some pictures from Altai on the webside too.
If you want to know a lot of Polish scientists who were sent compulsory to Siberia for their political rebely
in politically non-existing Poland by Russian authorities put a very meaningful contribution to scientifical research of flora and fauna of Siberia.
Specially lake Bajkal was examined by them.

Here you can read more:
Bajkal Lake - Blue Eye of Siberia

see you soon,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

sorry for my numerous mistakes and too long sentences but I have really few moments to wirte here:(
LM
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

here we say Altai
LAY

hi! friends ,i am lay

Post by LAY »

:D hi! friends ,i am lay and chinese
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello people,
sure - Altai or Altay

Altay Mountains

also Caucasus with Elbrus is a very inspiring place but it is so far from my beloved Switzerland ( or Austria)... and such dangerous these places are compared to the views of "sweet" Alps.

Caucasus Mountains

ps. some people say Elbrus is a roof of Europe (5600 metres above sea level) not Mont Blanc (4808)

Here is a link about Mont Blanc:

Mont Blanc
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I feel I do need to see the Caucasus as soon as possible! I feel a very strong wish to go there some day! I'm mesmerized by the tops covered with snow and blue valleys and rocks and sheep and some old castles! I watched a program about Ingushetiya and I'm extremely happy that this territory I may call as my native land as far as I name The Urals native land! it's so beautiful!