EC New Image...!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

EC New Image...!

Post by Oriani »

Hi people... What do you think about EC new image??? I was surprised.. I though something was wrong but it wasn't... I like it...It is cute. :D :D :) :P
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: EC New Image...!

Post by Bambang »

It's okay. But I like the old letters; they are bigger. These smaller letters make my eyes get tired easily. What do you think, agree?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

The forums have been upgraded. The style has not yet been integrated with EC. So the colours and letter size etc will change. Don't worry bambang, the letters WILL be bigger.

You have many advantages with the new forums. I will write more about them soon, but for example you can create "Friends" in your profile, and you can report bad posts.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I'm shocked. right now I'm feeling doubtful, I suppose I'll get used to the upgraded design soon, but on the whole it is queer to be seeing it. The previous one was more homelike.
I don't know whether I may change the colour... I don't like the blue one :P

And "the complaint button" is such a challenge for someone. Do you get reported who's complaining? Or you just make a notice to the post?
Last edited by Tora on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

This is extremely beautiful, I hope I'll get used to this new image soon...Well, this looks interesting....got to explore to know what else is new... :P

Congratulations Mr. Josef !!!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Tora wrote:I'm shocked. right now I'm feeling doubtful, I suppose I'll get used to the upgraded design soon, but on the whole it is queer to be seeing it. The previous one was more homelike.

And "the complain button" is such a challenge for someone. Do you get reported who's complaining? Or you just make a notice to the post?
EC new image, Tora's new avatar. Cool. But I can't see it clearly. What is that?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

bambang wrote:
Tora wrote:I'm shocked. right now I'm feeling doubtful, I suppose I'll get used to the upgraded design soon, but on the whole it is queer to be seeing it. The previous one was more homelike.

And "the complain button" is such a challenge for someone. Do you get reported who's complaining? Or you just make a notice to the post?
EC new image, Tora's new avatar. Cool. But I can't see it clearly. What is that?
Yeah :oops: let's say it is abstract, but frankly speaking it is a small patch of a sunrise picture.

EDITED afterwards... Just didn't want to make a new post... Are we facing a kind of a restriction? I've noticed that we have +1 Moderator for every forum - EC. What was the purpose?
Well, I guess behind adding some colours and functions into profile and so forth, we, ok, I see a "complaint button" and an increased number of moderators. Though it's just +1. :roll:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Font size can also change by clicking to that "A" in right top, but I guess it's just a java script that dublicates "Ctrl++" "Ctrl+-"

Possibility to add peoples as foes are cool. Only bad thing I can't use it as just for show off. It will really but people into ignore list and then what the point to cast the forum anymore. And I can't but moderators into foe list. :cry:
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

I've noticed that we have +1 Moderator for every forum - EC. What was the purpose?
Tora: EC (EnglishClub) was always there as a support moderator in most forums. That's nothing new. Probably you just didn't notice it.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Everything changes repidly here... Only the sky is the limit :wink:

and what about my fisrt question:
Do you get reported who's complaining? Or you just make a notice to the post?
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Tora on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

I can view EC's and Josef's names shining red brighter than "new post"
Thank you for telling me. That was a default setting. I had wrongly assumed it was only showing red to me because I was logged in.

Don't assume: it makes an ass of u and me

Other question: don't know yet. Why don't you report me and I'll tell you? :evil:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Josef wrote:
I can view EC's and Josef's names shining red brighter than "new post"
Thank you for telling me. That was a default setting. I had wrongly assumed it was only showing red to me because I was logged in.

Don't assume: it makes an ass of u and me

Other question: don't know yet. Why don't you report me and I'll tell you? :evil:
You're always welcome. Let me make a report!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I have not seen everything yet but I love it so far. I like the "Friends" option. Let's see what else I can find :mrgreen:

Although I don't like the usernames being on the right :roll:
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Tora wrote:You're always welcome. Let me make a report!
I'm disappointed Tora. I still haven't been reported to myself. Did you have a problem? It may be that you can't report Admin :mrgreen: We'll just have to wait and see.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Oriani wrote:I was surprised.. I though something was wrong but it wasn't... I like it...It is cute. :D :D :) :P
Me, too. I like it :)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Testing Attachment function availability.

a200.jpg
I guess Administrator will switch this function soon off, to save server space and avoid polluting forum with images. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

I love the new look, very smooth and soft, I love blue so I am happy. Its easy on the eyes.. looking forward to some new features.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Butler wrote:I love the new look, very smooth and soft, I love blue so I am happy. Its easy on the eyes.. looking forward to some new features.
Well if you love the blue don't get too attached... :mrgreen:
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

It's OK Tora. I reported myself to myself. And it told me who reported me (me) and who I was reporting (me). So the answer to your first question is yes. :wink:
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

I guess Administrator will switch this function soon off, to save server space and avoid polluting forum with images.
I guess he may, Hardi. Or he might create special forums with that functionality reserved for certain users. We'll have to see. Any ideas?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Josef wrote:
It's OK Tora. I reported myself to myself. And it told me who reported me (me) and who I was reporting (me). So the answer to your first question is yes. :wink:
It's Admin's autocracy :D In my case the sneak could opt staying (or to stay?) anonymous.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Josef wrote:
I guess Administrator will switch this function soon off, to save server space and avoid polluting forum with images.
I guess he may, Hardi. Or he might create special forums with that functionality reserved for certain users. We'll have to see. Any ideas?
Well I don't have ideas about that. But taking into account that this forum's purpose isn't so much to distribute multimedia like images and such, but uplift the English skills. I can speculate that he might do so that user can post only txt, odt, pdf, rtf.. etc. files. Though I hope he's not that greedy and allows people to waste the server space also with other type of files.

Well there is one thing. I have seen in some forum. There's a way that merging new post's title bar with color.. new ones with one color and those old ones that are edited with another color.. It's useful just because it merges also those that are edited, witch are otherwise hard to reach. But I guess the phpbb forums don't allow it by default. Probably it need some kind of hack or plugin for this.. Well I'm sure there's a lot of interesting and wonderful plugins and hacks that can add.. some may be useful and some are just eye-candy while others just broke the whole forum.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dixie wrote:I have not seen everything yet but I love it so far. I like the "Friends" option. Let's see what else I can find :mrgreen:

Tora's changed her avatar; and now Dixie's done the same. I am thinking whether or not I should change my avatar. May be yes, may be no. Ok let's see.

Dixie, add me as your friend instead of your foe. :lol:

Oh yeah, Has anyone tried the signature line facility? I have, but seems it doesn't work.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

bambang wrote:
Dixie wrote:I have not seen everything yet but I love it so far. I like the "Friends" option. Let's see what else I can find :mrgreen:

Tora's changed her avatar; and now Dixie's done the same. I am thinking whether or not I should change my avatar. May be yes, may be no. Ok let's see.

Dixie, add me as your friend instead of your foe. :lol:

Oh yeah, Has anyone tried the signature line facility? I have, but seems it doesn't work.
probably you should also try your credit card codes... if it works? :lol: I may check...
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

I was soo damn shocked i was like...what happend? did i went to the wrong website :shock: .........kind of weired to be honest but okay :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I was shocked too. I tried to come to EC several times yesterday and the page was not available, and after a few minutes I saw the new image.. Ec has more options now.. It is new but it has the same soul, guys...!!!
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

I have to say the site looks great! I didn't like the old look that much, and thought it would be nice if it was changed, so it sounds like someone was reading my mind.
The new look is excellent and much better than the old one! :D
Last edited by sanjadz on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I just came to check a PM real quick and I this is my surprise? Wow, I feel a bit backward because I'm used to the profile image is being on the left side of the screen. But I see that Josef will post more, so whatever with the backward profile. :mrgreen: One small request, I know I'm the only one, perhaps, can we make the color pink? (JK) :mrgreen:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

We can have an option so that we can customise our own page in different colors, maybe!!! :P
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

Oriani wrote:We can have an option so that we can customise our own page in different colors, maybe!!! :P
That's a good idea! That way everyone would like the website color.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

SanjaDz wrote:
Oriani wrote:We can have an option so that we can customise our own page in different colors, maybe!!! :P
Poll? Oh yes, that's a great way to solve it. I nominate pink. Anyone else?

*whispering* vote for pink, guys! Vote for pink!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

LennyeTran wrote:
SanjaDz wrote:
Poll? Oh yes, that's a great way to solve it. I nominate pink. Anyone else?

*whispering* vote for pink, guys! Vote for pink!
(I have an idea but I think it's not practical!) ...I'll vote for pink too...
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Purple is also cute, well, as for me :oops: I like pink, red, blue,even black with shining starts, lol.. I am asking too much.... hehe.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Pink is too girlish. I like this current color. My only problem was the size of the letters. But I managed to enlarge them by clicking the "A" button at the top right. So, Just let this color as it is. :lol:
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

I found it very cool :)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

bambang wrote:Pink is too girlish.
Uncle B, we won't be friends if you post such sexist comments :twisted: I'm a girl and I don't like pink. AT ALL!!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote:Pink is too girlish.
Uncle B, we won't be friends if you post such sexist comments :twisted: I'm a girl and I don't like pink. AT ALL!!

Aha...! At leats there are now two extraordinary members who disagree with the pink things. Dixie, Are you with me to keep this current color going on?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

bambang wrote:

Aha...! At leats there are now two extraordinary members who disagree with the pink things. Dixie, Are you with me to keep this current color going on?
You mean the blue one? I found it cold at first but I guess in a matter of time I would get used to it... Anyway if Josef wants to change it back to the original EC colour, that would be great ;)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I agree with Oriana's suggestion - purple, and also I love green colour 8)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Purple, green, pink?? :shock: Black- the best colour ever !! :P
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dixie wrote:
bambang wrote:

You mean the blue one? I found it cold at first but I guess in a matter of time I would get used to it... Anyway if Josef wants to change it back to the original EC colour, that would be great ;)
Back to the EC old color is a better idea I suppose.

BTW, seems I am the firts to have a signature line. :wink:
We're all friends, right?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Okay, if no pink for the new format, then I'd vote for the old color, too. It's warm and friendly. And one thing about signature, please people, I beg for your mercy, no picture or big font. It's a distraction and total ruin of post's format.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

LennyeTran wrote:...And one thing about signature, please people, I beg for your mercy, no picture or big font. It's a distraction and total ruin of post's format.
Like mine? What do ya think?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

It's cool. It's simple, which speaks louder than those that are in big font or take up a whole page. Also, those that have picture of themselves as their signature should give it a break. I mean, I do understand your signature is something unique that makes you stand out from the rest, but self-advertisement??? C'mon....
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

LennyeTran wrote:...but self-advertisement??? C'mon....
It is. One theory in salesmanship says: If you want to succeed in selling products, you've to be able to "sell" yourself first.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Not here, my dear, not here. You don't sell yourself by annoying others with your big picture that ruins the whole format. I hate those people. Keep it simple. Keep it simple, ya'll.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

LennyeTran wrote:Not here, my dear, not here. You don't sell yourself by annoying others with your big picture that ruins the whole format. I hate those people. Keep it simple. Keep it simple, ya'll.
I haven't seen big pics yet.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I know. That's why I said it. And since no one has done it here, I do not offend anyone. Whoever does it afterwards and feels offended by what I said, well, too late, I've already said it. Better quick next time. :twisted:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I think I get used to this format now.
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

Dixie wrote:
It's a bit strange.Avatars and usernames are usually on the left, but we'll get used to it.