how do you spend Christmas in your country?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

weilingao

how do you spend Christmas in your country?

Post by weilingao »

hello
In Taiwan we don't celebrate Christmas,but I really want to know how to celebrate in your country?
Would you eat Christmas dinner with your family?
I know Christmas is important to many country. Like our Chinese New Year.
so if you have information of Christmas,you can tell me.
And if you want to know more about Chinese New Year,you can add my facebook or reply me.
My facebook: 高崴琳

Thank you very much
subbrine

Re: how do you spend Christmas in your country?

Post by subbrine »

We don't celeberate it in turkey either (since almost all of the country is muslim) but we sit in front of a television for 4 hours and watch pointless shows while eating junk food at new year's eve. There are parties too but they are too rare and only for university (or collage) students and I am at the freshman year of highschool.(sorry for long post I am trying to use as many words as possible because I almost never have any chances to use english)
Matthewton

Re: how do you spend Christmas in your country?

Post by Matthewton »

Christmas is not an official holiday in Vietnam, but it is a special occassion for Christian followers. Today, it is a holiday not only for religious but also for non-religious. The holiday season can be felt in every corner and people enjoy celebrating it. The streets are colorfully decorated and Christmas songs and carols fill the air. On this day, families and friends gather to have a cozy party and greet each other best wishes. Despite the no-snow climate pattern, people keep welcoming this day as if they live in Western countries.