First Solo Travel - Need some advice and tips!

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

thislittlelife

First Solo Travel - Need some advice and tips!

Post by thislittlelife »

I'm so excited but also a bit nervous - I just booked my flights to Singapore for next month! It will be my firstever solo trip.

Singapore has always been at the top of my travel bucket list ever since I watched Crazy Rich Asians. The movie made the country look so beautiful and vibrant. Now I finally get to experience it for myself.

Does anyone have any advice for traveling to Singapore alone for the first time? What were some things you wish you knew before your first solo adventure?

In particular, I'd love to hear recommendations for:

Must-see places and attractions.

How to get around - best transit options as a tourist?

Cool areas to explore for food/nightlife -

Any tips for a solo female traveler? Safety precautions or etiquette?

I want to make the most of my time there but also feel comfortable as a first-timer. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated too! I'm wanting to get excited instead of anxious as my trip gets closer.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions! Can't wait for this dream trip to finally happen.
Littlemeow

Re: First Solo Travel - Need some advice and tips!

Post by Littlemeow »

I've been to Singapore many times and it was really good place. I visited to Gardens by the Bay, which was really an awesome place different type of orchads that left you in awe. I also visited Universal Studio which is a must I did enjoy my stroll there and never missed out the Merlion the famous tourist spot in Singapore and for the food you should go to hawker centre it has a lot of variety foods there. I really like the laksa and for the transportation, I remember using MRT. Singapore is an amazing place. Is it your first time going there? I advice you to look for a guide if it's your first time so it will be less hassle. The first time I go there without a a guide it was a disaster.....
thislittlelife

Post by thislittlelife »

Sounds like you've had some great experiences from your visits to Singapore! Gardens by the Bay and Universal Studios are such cool attractions to check out. I've always wanted to see the supertrees and orchards at the gardens. Yes, I am thinking of getting a guide since it's my first time and I don't also want to experience what you experience, Do you have any recommendations?
Littlemeow

Post by Littlemeow »

you could check it out, LocalGuides or tripadvisor.
thislittlelife

Post by thislittlelife »

A friend of mine also recommended https://gowithguide.com/singapore how about this? I would definitely check what you recommended. Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.