The Marvels

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

willyhil

The Marvels

Post by willyhil »

Did anyone watch The Marvels? How's your opinion? Do you think it can live up to the hype of the marvel franchise?
BrianStapleton

Re: The Marvels

Post by BrianStapleton »

willyhil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 am Did anyone watch The Marvels? How's your opinion? Do you think it can live up to the hype of the marvel franchise?
I haven't nor have I seen much hype over it.

The Wolverine and X-Men movies, then the Infinity War and End Game series, and also the Spider Man movie that brought back the previous two Peter Parker actors were very memed and ubiquitous online. I watched them because I saw the widespread excitement and fascination.

I really can't recall seeing or hearing anything about The Marvels... which says to me it probably isn't worth looking.
I teach 1-hour English classes online and correct essays with comments. Classes are ongoing, weekly, and flexible.
Contact me via private message to schedule a class.

https://youtube.com/@brianstapleton5148?feature=shared
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Note, I am not a huge fan of Marvel.

But they need to take a break. The plots of the recent movies are dull and characters need a break.

The Marvels is lackluster. Captain Marvel didn't get good reviews and I doubt that this will get a better one with the complicated storyline.
willyhil

Post by willyhil »

BrianStapleton wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:52 pm
willyhil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 am Did anyone watch The Marvels? How's your opinion? Do you think it can live up to the hype of the marvel franchise?
I haven't nor have I seen much hype over it.

The Wolverine and X-Men movies, then the Infinity War and End Game series, and also the Spider Man movie that brought back the previous two Peter Parker actors were very memed and ubiquitous online. I watched them because I saw the widespread excitement and fascination.

I really can't recall seeing or hearing anything about The Marvels... which says to me it probably isn't worth looking.
I was talking about whole marvel verse in general. There's a always a hype about Marvel Movies/Series. I was thninking can The marvels fill in the shoes of others or not. Btw Loki season really outdone itself. Respect for Tim.