Who actually watches TV Weather forecasts?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Firefox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Who actually watches TV Weather forecasts?

Post by Firefox »

International TV channels like CNN or BBC World show weather forecasts every five minutes. So you will get the forecast for temperature, rain, wind etc in many different countries or cities, like Thailand, Vietnam, Japan or Bangkok, Hanoi, Tokyo. I never understand what possible use this is to anyone.

Yes, if you are in Bangkok you may want the weather for Bangkok, or even Thailand. But why do you want to waste time being told about weather in 10 other countries (especially when you can see it in 5 seconds on your phone app these days)?

Am I being unreasonable? Or are these TV programmes just a total waste of time? :twisted:
Josef Essberger
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Who actually watches TV Weather forecasts?

Post by Josef Essberger »

I know I don’t watch them. I’ve always assumed the TV channels show them every five minutes because they are comparatively cheap padding so that along with endless ads, endless trailers and repeats we actually get about 10 minutes of real content per hour. So I’ve given it up. I don’t even have a TV any more. :mrgreen:
English Prepositions List by Josef Essberger
Extremely useful ebook full of examples and visual aids to learn prepositions :ok: Inés Barbero
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Who actually watches TV Weather forecasts?

Post by SitangCampus »

I have sold my TV set to a street sweeper at a very low price,as you said, it is a waste of time not only to watch climate report but also other useless rubbish, because we have Internet and mobile phone that connects with Internet. Yet you still watch CNN or BBC, so that means you still love TV, haha, in that case, don't blame any more, enjoy watching it, whether it is weather forecast or soap opera. British people set the day for Brexi on March 29, which has been changed for how many times so far? Hahaha!

Now I find that some TV stations present the boring weather forecasts with new fashions, like the presenter is a very pretty girl scantily clad, or the setting is in 3D, or the DJ reports the news in jokes, etc.