Oral Presentations

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

hubley

Oral Presentations

Unread post by hubley »

I'm a new ESL Teacher who is having trouble thinking of a good oral presentation topic for my first conversational class. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
EmaHan

Re: Oral Presentations

Unread post by EmaHan »

Hello,
There are many interesting topics for oral presentations. The topics depend on your students’ level and interest. To begin with, may be it would be a good idea to ask your students what they would like to talk about. In this way, their motivation and commitment to the preparation and participation to the oral presentation will be increased. From the suggestions they would give you, you could choose one and use it for an oral presentation topic. Then, any common discussion topics linked to sports, hobbies, interesting facts, odd jobs, trips, dreams, social/political issues, etc. can work when well presented to the students.
I hope that my thoughts will help you somehow.
Good luck!
teachitaly

Unread post by teachitaly »

I am just beginning my ESL adventure but I remember an oral com. class I took in college; we had to speak about the most sensory-rich experience in our memories. Or what about a fake Oscar or major award acceptance speach. Be creative!

I dream of teaching in Italy and have been researching possibilities, so I will be following this thread for lots of good ideas!
Last edited by Susan on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
waleeed

Unread post by waleeed »

This is a short-term posting if you just want to see some sights and decide later whether you want to actually work in Japan. You work as a communication teacher/language lab coach at a university.
waleeed