Working in Argentina

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

domflo

Working in Argentina

Unread post by domflo »

Hi guys,
If anyone has advice about teaching English in Buenos Aires, Argentina then I would be really thankful. I'm going there in August 2006.
Cheers,
Dom.
ca_gandahan

Unread post by ca_gandahan »

haven't been there sorry! :(

take care though...
silvanaana

Unread post by silvanaana »

:D Hello! working is Argentina is going to be easy for you! especially if you´re a native Ebglish speaker...I shouldn´t be giving you advice, since you are competition to me! (I´m an English teacher, but I´m a native Spanish speaker) but here it goes: just be yourself, be very commited to teaching, Argentinians are very hard-working people and love to learn, but we value not only the capacity of the teacher, but most importantly the way he/she teaches. We like to develop nice relationships between students and teachers, we love friendly atmospheres, and that´s what a teacher should provide.
good luck!
Sarah C

Teaching in Argentina

Unread post by Sarah C »

I am looking at moving to Buenos Aires in August 06. I am just finishing an TEFL certificate online and this will be my first teaching abroad job.

Does any one have ideas on the best way to get a job. What is the demand like at the moment? What is a good way to get hold of contact details for schools? Is it possible to secure a job from outside Argentina before I arrive?

Any help most appreciated!!!!!!!!!!